Skip to content


PLEASE NOTE: If you are not yet pregnant click here to check out one of our other pregnancy communities.
Ectopic pregnancy
An_257486 posted:
I had an empty sac in my felopian tubes (ectopic pregnancy) witch I obviously had to terminate.. After that I started taking the pill bit stopped after a couple months cause I kept forgetting it then I went on the Depo-Provera contraception needle and didn't get my periods for 6 months .. When the Depo was finished I stopped using contraception to cleanses my body from all the bad stuff and I ended up getting my periods for 2-3 months so I went and had an ultrasound and took it to my local GP and she said I had lots of little cyst in my ovaryss, she said they should go away on there own but wasn't going to rule out polycystic ovarian syndrome just yet. So she put me back on the pill for 4months and said to come back once it's finished, I was only on it for about 2 months and stopped taking it cause I kept forgetting and would bleed every time I missed a day.

Now I'm not on any contraception, I am getting a regular monthly period and I get this clear jelly like discharge for a couple of days after my period. Me and my partner do have unprotected sex, we're not trying to conceive but we will be more then happy if we do!! I'm just not sure why we haven't gotten pregnant yet. And even tho we've been pregnant before .. My question is, could all these changes and problems with my body cause infertility or another ectopic pregnancy ?
tlkittycat1968 responded:
It can take a healthy couple who are trying 6-9 months to get pregnant, occasionally longer. Since you aren't even trying, it's not surprising you haven't gotten pregnant.

Featuring Experts

Sarah McMoyler, RN, BSN and mother, is the founder of McMoyler Method. As a specialist in labor and delivery nursing for more than 20 years, McMoyler ...More

Helpful Tips

Easing Early Pregnancy NauseaExpert
For many women, eating a small snack every hour or two will keep nausea to a minimum. Almost any food will do, but nuts are a great choice, ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 55 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.