Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    PLEASE NOTE: If you are not yet pregnant click here to check out one of our other pregnancy communities.
    trying to get pregnant
    fairy1986 posted:
    me and my husband been trying to get pregnant for a year and i was wondering my husband is in kidney failure and he has to go to dialysis 3 days a week and i was wondering is that the reason we cant get pregnant cause he is in kidney failure
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful
    Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Dear fairy1986,

    Hello and welcome. It is often suggested that once you've been trying to conceive for a year without results, you consult with a doctor. Your husband can also ask his nephrologist (kidney doctor) for expert advice on the topic.

    Here's an article on Fertility Tests for Men that may be helpful. You may also want to visit our Trying To Conceive communities for more support.

    Best wishes to you both,

    Laughter is the closest distance between two people. -Victor Borge

    Helpful Tips

    Is my GF pregnant?
    I was in foreplay with my naked gf wearing condom, after sometime i ejaculated then removed condom, then got dressed, after few minutes we ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.