Skip to content



Relevant Posts: Whooping Cough Vaccine in Pregnancy

PLEASE NOTE: If you are not yet pregnant click here to check out one of our other pregnancy communities.
Off and on cramping
Faithful0120 posted:
Hey I'm 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant and Ive been having some period like cramping that brings me too my knees. The nurse told me I was fine it was just my muscles streching. I'm not bleeding or seeing any discharge, but the pain hurts so bad that I want to curle up in a ball and cry. What should I do? I go to the dr next Thursday, but should I go to the hospital before then? This is my first time being pregnant and I just want to make sure that my baby is fine.
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful
tlkittycat1968 responded:
I know mild cramping in early pregnancy is normal but if it brings you to your knees and makes you want to cry, that is not normal. I would go to the hospital just to make sure everything is okay. Even if everything is fine, just being told that would make me feel better.

Featuring Experts

Sarah McMoyler, RN, BSN and mother, is the founder of McMoyler Method. As a specialist in labor and delivery nursing for more than 20 years, McMoyler ...More

Helpful Tips

Easing Early Pregnancy NauseaExpert
For many women, eating a small snack every hour or two will keep nausea to a minimum. Almost any food will do, but nuts are a great choice, ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 55 found this helpful