Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Fetal heart rates - early pregnancy
topazorchid posted:
Can anyone post some links to a reference site that lists "normal fetal heart rate ranges" in early pregnancy? ie: 6 weeks normal range 7 weeks normal range 8 weeks normal range etc... I Googled it and I cant find any sites that are research or fact-based, and I would really like to know. Thanks for your help!

jlb319 responded:
Your best bet might be to do a poll! :smile: So I'll tell you mine and HTH :grin: 6wks 2 days 136 BMP

Robin0816 responded:
Mine at 5 weeks 4 days was 120

Phair07 responded:
I had my first ultrasound today...11 weeks 3 days ~ 170

Jle21 responded:
b Embryonic heart rate in the early first trimester: what rate is normal? i P. M. Doubilet and C. B. Benson i Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Embryonic heart rates below 90 beats per minute at 6 to 8 weeks of gestation have been shown to be associated with a high likelihood of subsequent first trimester demise. The boundary between slow and normal heart rates has not been established, however, in that previous studies do not identify the heart rate for each gestational age at which prognosis plateaus. We evaluated sonograms of singleton pregnancies at 6 to 8 weeks to determine the relationship between heart rate and first trimester outcome in four gestational age subgroups: or = 100 beats per minute. At 6.3-7.0 weeks, prognosis improved up to 120 beats per minute, then plateaued. Heart rate norms could not be established at 7.1-8.0 weeks because of the small number of embryonic or fetal deaths in this age group; however, all embryos with heart rates below 110 beats per minute at 7.1-8.0 weeks died. We conclude that the lower limit of normal is 100 beats per minute up to 6.2 weeks' gestation and 120 bpm at 6.3-7.0 weeks. _________________________________ Here is a link to a graph not associated with the article posted above: www.io.com/~dubose/ehr-crl.gif

Jle21 responded:
To answer the poll part... my DS's HR was 103BPM at 6w3ish days. My current cashew's HR was 178BPM at 8w4d.

jeriannnibert responded:
My 8 week appt the HB was 151

Qnscheme responded:
6W3D-120..hoping for higher next visit

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, I'm Ty and am momma to Orion aka "Monkey", he's 11. I am currently a lead preschool teacher but will be a stay at home mom...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.