Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Ghost pregnancy
    married08 posted:
    I am/was 5w5d today. Woke up this morning and went to the bathroom, wiped and had brown blood with some cramping (which I have been having since I took pregnancy tests). I called the doctor and they said they wanted to see me. My first scheduled appt was to be at 8 weeks on Feb 2. He did a pelvic exam, blood work and u/s. My DH was watching u/s screen to see the sac. Nurse said there is no sign of a sac, and nothing is in my uterus. But my uterus lining is thick ready for the pregnancy. I was totally shocked. I took 3 pregnancy tests - all were positive. Had lots of symptons of being pregnant. We went back to see my doctor after the tests. He said my blood levels were 185. He thinks I had a tubal pregnancy but it died and my body absorbed the tissue. I am having my blood taken on Sat and Monday to see where my numbers are. Then I will meet with my Dr. on Tues to see what to do next. If I have severe cramping (where the bean might still be growing in my tube) I need to go to ER. On Tues if numbers are not doubling and nothing comes out he is going to give me a prescription to break the tissue up ( in case it is still in my tube) HELP. Has anyone heard of this before?

bigred_08 responded:
    yes a tubal pregnacy its also called an eptopic pregnacy, the can be dangerous so if you get a lot of cramping or you feel dissy go to the er because you have an increased risk of internal bleeding. I don't know exaclty what causes it, for some reason the egg starts growing in the falopion tube instead of the uterus...I'm sorry it happened to you, but it is normal, miscarrages are way more commen then most people think.. jsut try to take it easy and watch for any serious side effects.

nenalibre1 responded:
    I'm so sorry to hear you may have an etopic pregnancy. You may find comfort on the Coping with pregnancy loss board. Some of the woman on there have had similar experiences and may be able to offer some advice. Hang in there, I know its hard. Triggs... I've suffered 2 miscarriages & I'm pregnant for the 3rd time. I found a lot of comfort on that board. I wish you the best.

married08 responded:
    Thanks for the caring responses. It is hard not knowing what is going on.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christine. My husband and I have been married since Nov. 2007. We have an almost 4 year old son that was born on 07/07/07 and an almost 1 y...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
    Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    58 of 80 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.