Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Balsamic Vinegar
Ame122 posted:
Hello ladies, Okay, after 2 plates of green later today, I just wondered whether balsamic vinegar was safe to eat while pregnant. But it tasted so good. I goolged it and there wasn't enough info about whether it's bad or good. In fact, one lady craved for pineapple dipped in a bowl of balsamic vinegar and had it at every chance she got! Oh I did ask my OB about pineapple and she said go ahead and eat it. Any fruits are good for you. So about that balsamic vinegar, what do y'all ladies think??? TIA.

sprmom75 responded:
I think it is fine and it is one thing I can eat:)

kristenmiller responded:
I ate it during my first pregnancy and may daughter is 3 years old now, I think it is fine!!

EarthMama09 responded:
Hi! Basalmic Vinegar (and apple cider) have great health benefits and I was okayed for both with my first pregnancy. It does everything from aide calcium absorbtion to control blood sugar and several other things... also it is a great choice rather than something fattier like ranch dressing etc. Eat up mama!

rosemary1977 responded:
just curious...what would be the concern regarding balsamic vinegar?

Ame122 responded:
Because I saw the nutrients content in the back of the bottle and it said "May contain Sulfites". I'm not sure if Sulfites is okay for pregnant women. I had 2 plates of green yesterday with nothing else but Balsamic Vinegar. It helps me with morning sickness. And it's so good. But these ladies were wonderful. Their responses really help me calm down. That doesn't mean I will stop having it completely. Maybe once in a while.

hellokiddy responded:
did it contain sulfite?

KBBBBB replied to hellokiddy's response:
I read on the shelf at the market that the red wine vinegars and balsamic vinegars contained lead. That is what concerned me.

stressingmom responded:
I only put oil and balsamic vinegar on every salad I eat. I love it! I have a beautiful, healthy 2 year old at home and I ate through my whole pregnancy with him and am now 8 weeks pregnant and can't even count how many times I've eaten it! If there was a known problem, it defnitely would have popped up on one of those "what not to eat" lists.

Spotlight: Member Stories

HI, My name is Sharon (28). DH(30) and I have been married for 4 years and have 1 beautiful Daughter named Milla. We had one m/c before her so she was...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.