Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I am pregnant and always freezing.
Kolonie posted:
Hi my name is Kolonie and i was wondering if any one can help with something. I am 9 weeks pregnant and i am always tired and feel sick. I am also always cold! i mean freezing cold. I dont know what this means. Today it is really bad. And of course my drs office is closed. Im not sure if i need to go to the er or if this is something i can wait till my dr is open.? PLease Help. :crying:

unknown responded:
I was like this also, from about 4w-10w. It finally got better this week. There was a post on this subject a couple of weeks ago, and apparently it's pretty common. I'm like you, I had no idea! I did this part in spring last time :) I got in the habit of spending lots of time on the couch, in front of the fire and with my laptop on my lap b/c it's warm (just push it back so your tummy doesn't get too warm). At work I wear an extra shirt and sometimes put on my winter coat. I also bought flannel sheets for the bed. All of this only helped somewhat but like I said, it got better this week, so hopefully it will for you too.

AddisonsMom2004 responded:
ME TOO!!! I just cannot seem to get warm EVER! I am not too worried about it though...I just bundle up and snuggle up on the couch and hope for the best. Hopefully we won't stay cold too long! H&H 9 months!!!

unknown responded:
don't feel bad i go from freezing to burning hot in 2 seconds I am also 9 weeks so hopefully it will go away soon

mommytoaddi responded:
I am always freezing my hands and my feet I have been wrapped in a blanket 24/7. I was like that with my first child as well. I think its from the blood flow going to the baby or something? Who knows but it isn't uncommon it appears:-)

tallygirl79 responded:
I am also 9 wks and I stay cold alot esp my hands! I am sooo tired these days!!! thankfully my sickness has been alot better this week than the past few wks.

mazdagirl1977 responded:
What you're experiencing is normal but it can also signal anemia. I have pregnancy induced anemia. I was diagnosed after my doctor did a complete blood count. It's worth mentioning your symptoms to your doc so that you can begin taking iron supplements if you are anemic.

Kay_And responded:
I go from hot to freezing in two seconds. I prop the windows open and there's 3 feet of snow outside and the next minute I'm under a heating blanket. The heated blanket works good when I'm cold...3 out it on low...and snuggle up!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Sarah. I'm 24 and have been married to my wonderful hubby for 5 years. We have a 3 (will be 4 in Aug) Son and a 2 year old daughter...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.