Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I am pregnant and always freezing.
Kolonie posted:
Hi my name is Kolonie and i was wondering if any one can help with something. I am 9 weeks pregnant and i am always tired and feel sick. I am also always cold! i mean freezing cold. I dont know what this means. Today it is really bad. And of course my drs office is closed. Im not sure if i need to go to the er or if this is something i can wait till my dr is open.? PLease Help. :crying:

unknown responded:
I was like this also, from about 4w-10w. It finally got better this week. There was a post on this subject a couple of weeks ago, and apparently it's pretty common. I'm like you, I had no idea! I did this part in spring last time :) I got in the habit of spending lots of time on the couch, in front of the fire and with my laptop on my lap b/c it's warm (just push it back so your tummy doesn't get too warm). At work I wear an extra shirt and sometimes put on my winter coat. I also bought flannel sheets for the bed. All of this only helped somewhat but like I said, it got better this week, so hopefully it will for you too.

AddisonsMom2004 responded:
ME TOO!!! I just cannot seem to get warm EVER! I am not too worried about it though...I just bundle up and snuggle up on the couch and hope for the best. Hopefully we won't stay cold too long! H&H 9 months!!!

unknown responded:
don't feel bad i go from freezing to burning hot in 2 seconds I am also 9 weeks so hopefully it will go away soon

mommytoaddi responded:
I am always freezing my hands and my feet I have been wrapped in a blanket 24/7. I was like that with my first child as well. I think its from the blood flow going to the baby or something? Who knows but it isn't uncommon it appears:-)

tallygirl79 responded:
I am also 9 wks and I stay cold alot esp my hands! I am sooo tired these days!!! thankfully my sickness has been alot better this week than the past few wks.

mazdagirl1977 responded:
What you're experiencing is normal but it can also signal anemia. I have pregnancy induced anemia. I was diagnosed after my doctor did a complete blood count. It's worth mentioning your symptoms to your doc so that you can begin taking iron supplements if you are anemic.

Kay_And responded:
I go from hot to freezing in two seconds. I prop the windows open and there's 3 feet of snow outside and the next minute I'm under a heating blanket. The heated blanket works good when I'm cold...3 out it on low...and snuggle up!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - My name is Becky and I have been married to my wonderful husband since Jan 2003. We were married young (23) so we wanted to wait a while...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful