Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Sleepy Time Tea
JeanellCox posted:
Have had trouble sleeping, friend gave me Sleepytime Extra Herbal by Celestial. It is caffeine free, didn't know if any of you ladies have heard of or used it. If so did it help. Soooo tired at night, just can't fall asleep.

KSHoh responded:
My DH uses that tea all the time. Not sure if it safe to use while you are pregnant. I have heard to steer clear of most herbal teas.

tamliz08 responded:
I also use that (and love it!), but definitely not while I'm pregnant. You may want to ask your doc about it. It contains valerian, which is not recommended for pregnant women. I think even echinachea is a no-no.

JeanellCox responded:
Here are the ingredients. But I think from what you guys are saying, probably no. I have appt thurs with Dr and will just take it with me. Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 tea bag Makes: 8 fl. oz. Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) (flowers) 600mg * Tilia estella (Ternstroemia pringlei) (flowers) 160mg * Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) (root) 25mg * * Percent Daily Values have not been established. Other Ingredients: Spearmint, West Indian lemongrass, hawthorn and orange blossoms. Any other natural remedies to help with sleep. Dr. said I could take Tylenol PM but really don't want to.

tamliz08 responded:
Will you let us know what your doctor tells you about the tea? I am curious. Also, I have heard that Tylenol PM is safe. Is there a reason you don't like to take that? I've heard it REALLY helps!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi mi name is Alejandra, I´m 23 and I´m a mommy of a 2 year old boy and pregnant with my second baby =D

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.