Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

CHECK-UPS - HOW OFTEN?
beckysknitting posted:
I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, i've been to the doc once. that was when they said, "yep, you're pregnant" i was 5 weeks along. i have not seen baby or heard heartbeat yet :sad:

ssf10 responded:
Did they make another appointment for you? Im almost 10 weeks and I have been twice. They see me every three to four weeks as of right now. and heard they babys heartbeat at 8weeks. If they did not make an appointment for you, I would call to get a follow up appointment, or change doctors. I guess every doctor maybe different too. Dont be worried though. I would just check with the doctor. :smile:

beckysknitting responded:
i have an appointment with "Maternial Fetal Medecine" on the 16th but that's for the genetic counseling, i'm an older mommy. but nothing with my ob.

ssf10 responded:
I would really call and get an appointment with an OB though. Prenatal care is extremly important, but I know that you know that. I would call and see if they can check up on the baby. Your almost through your first trimester. Which is great :smile: But I know that if I was you I would wanna see and hear that heart beat too. Just to ease your nerves cause if your anything like me haha you gotta lots of those.

Colleen3996 responded:
I will be over 10 weeks when I go to the doctors for the first time. My doc doesn't see pregnancy patients before 10-12 weeks. Thay don't even do a visit to confirm the pregnancy, so my first visit is at 10 weeks. Now this is my second so I'm really excited to go and hear the heartbeat (hopefully?!!) since I remember how wonderful that is from my first pregnancy. Oh and my doc only does 1 u/s at 20wks to check everything out and confirm the gender (if you want to know), I guess you could have more u/s's if something is wrong, but their standard is 1. All doctors are different. You have to decide what you are comfortable with. If you want more attention and more visits you might want to check out other options for doctors, or if you are ok with basic care, then stick with your current doc.

WorryGirl80 responded:
I would call and schedule an appt. I had one at 4w to confirm pregnancy and get a pap. One at 8w, but just to go over the b/w that they did before. Now, I have another one at 12w, hopefully this time to hear the HB with a doppler. (fyi: I did have an u/s at 6 1/2wks cause I had been bleeding) You should be getting one every 4 weeks, at least starting at 12w. I would def call and schedule an appt for the next week or so with the OB or NP.

terricody responded:
beckysknitting, Im an older mom to be and you should be seen at least every 3-4 weeks..are you a high risk pg too.. I am and i know again i will have to see a specalist

Terri, how old are you? i'm 40. i have a 19 year old son, and 5 year old daughter. my edd for this kiddo is 8/28 i meet with MFM on the 16th, but havent seen my ob since 1/11. guess i just need comfort.

JeanellCox responded:
I went in at 10wks for the first appt. They did a full work up, pap, blood work, etc. Went 2 wks later for u/s at 12 wks. Now I will see them once every 4 wks until the 8th month it will be every 2wks, and the last month it will be once a week. My DS I went at 6wks, they did work up 9wks for first sono and then the rest was the same. I agree with the others, unless you are high risk, it's not necessary. HTH

terricody responded:
Im 42 and this will be my 7th child..i have four grown adult kids with previous relationship and my now hubby and i are having our 3rd together..i know crazy Huh my oldest is 26(i was a young teen mom)we are only a few days away form each other due dates..good luck glad to see someone around my age :smile:

so it's our age that makes us high risk? did you do or are you going to do any genetic screening? i've been told not to worry about it since i've had kids when i was "younger" this pregnancy wasnt planned, but, oh well, whatever will be, will be.

sorme818 responded:
my doctor didnt even want us to come in to verify that we were pregnant. He wont see us until 11 weeks. Kind of a bummer. We are basically counting down the days until we can get some kind of sign that this is really happening. We are so excited.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been tring to get pregnant for yrs, but because I have POCS it was hard. I started to take Glucophage for over a yr now and me and my boy frien...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.