Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Cure for Excessive Hunger
Grace1122 posted:
Hi Ladies, Do any of you know of any special foods or drinks that help with the excessive hunger? I have to eat every 2 hours, even in the middle of the night and I can't take it. PLEASE HELP! Does this end?

tamliz08 responded:
Oh my gosh, I hear ya! I woke up last night because I just had to have a pb&j. It is very annoying to say the least! I guess just try to choose foods that are high in nutritional value, and not just empty calories. I kind of just eat what sounds good. :sheepish: And yes, it does end. It did not last the entire pregnancy for me the last time.

Grace1122 responded:
Thank you for replying. Knowing that it doesn't last throughout the entire pregnancy really gives me hope.

Shani_girl responded:
I hope it doesn't last! I never had this before. I eat everything but mostly unhealthy stuff. I am going to try today to eat healthier :sheepish: . Maybe try to eat more proteins and that will stick to our bones more. LOL

nancyjm responded:
Somedays I'm like that!! I can eat & eat & eat. Like today for instance! LOL! I hope you figure something out! BTW-we are due date buddies!!

fhforever2219 responded:
I hear you Grace, it's VERY annoying especially during the middle of the night.. for my night hungers I usually have a snack size ziploc full of grapes and a bottle of water on my bedside table... I found grapes to be the easiest thing cause it doesn't hit my stomach like a a ton of bricks, nor is it heavy. GL I hope you find something :smile:

Norbygirl responded:
I am constantly hungry, too, but so nauseous all the time that most foods don't appeal to me. I just bought a huge bag of raw almonds at Sam's Club, and that seems to be helping, since they're a source of protein. Otherwise, most of my snacks are canned fruit and cheese sticks. I can barely stand any meat right now.

Kay_And responded:
I KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKIN BOUT. It is so annoying, I have to eat so often that I don't know what else TO eat anymore. But I'm not a big meat eater, but I've noticed the past couple days when I eat alot of meat my m/s isn't so bad. Also, and I know its not healthy, deep fried foods really help me. I think bc they are so greasy and sit in your stomach longer so you feel fuller longer. I'm really getting annoyed by constant hunger, I am going to be the size of a whale!!!

Shauntrell responded:
Girl no there is nothing to help you stop nor slow down excessive hunger. I try to eat nothing but healthy food, I was still hungry all the time; I've tried to eat unhealthy foods and I am still hungry. I just combined the both through out the day. 6 small meals a day and I don't wake up at night hungry. That's about all I can contribute. Hope that helps. LOL :confused:

SLCastle responded:
Cliff bars, cereal and PB&J are my go-to's.

Sab217 responded:
This cracks me up... I was JUST telling DH how I have been starving all day. hahah! I seriously haven't stopped eating all morning. It has been crazy. My fix-alls are string cheese, grapes and bananas. I was a big fan of Cliff bars too, Sherri. But they haven't been sitting too well with my ms lately. :sealed:

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christine & I've been married to my husband, Scott, since 2007. My sweet son's name is Logan & he was born on June 2, 2008....More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.