Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

QOTD 4/20
mamatobe08 posted:
What do you plan on doing when it comes to the time that you're sick of being pregnant to try to "help" things along? (I know I'm looking WAY ahead here lol)

mamatobe08 responded:
Last time we DTD a LOT--DB was only home on the weekends so we would DTD at least twice a day on weekends lol. I took walks with 1 foot on the road and 1 foot on the gravel. I ate lots of pineapple and spicy food. I will do it all again, especially the walking with uneven surfaces--12 hours after that was when my water broke!

nmbr2 responded:
I would love to add my comments, but mine will be a planned c-section so I won't get to find out what would do

michelleloehr replied to nmbr2's response:
don't know. to be honest I hadn't even heard of some of mamatobe08's examples like the pineapple.

mamatobe08 replied to nmbr2's response:
Sorry, this one was kind of an "i'm stuck" question. I realized it was 1pm and I hadn't posted one yet, and DB and I had talked last night about how crazy I went, so I posted it. I'll do better tomorrow.

KDJK0001 responded:
I had not heard about the pineapple or walking on uneven surfaces either.

I will try to do exactly what I did last time...stay active!! I walked a lot pregnant and did not slow down at all and went into labor a week early! The weekend before I went into labor, I was helping landscape at my brother's house. I pulled small trees/shrubs out of the ground. I pulled weeds and raked dirt around...it was a day of pretty intense labor (no pun intended!). Earlier that day, DH and I DTD (on accident - it was a heat of the moment thing!)

I went to the doctor 3 days later and told him I had been peeing on myself - just a trickle, but I thought it was funny! He checked me to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid. The first strip showed that it was, the second showed that it wasn't. He checked to see how I was measuring and told me he would see me soon! I was in the hospital about 27 hours later! I would not be surprised if he didn't strip my membrane...my neighbor is an L&D nurse and she told me he likely did. It hurt like crazy when he checked me!

Jacque72903 responded:
I went to the mall and walked a lot with DS, but I was 37 weeks and a little over excited. But it worked, I went to my next da and he sent me to the hospital. He really induced me, but said I wouldn't have lasted through the weekend so it didn't matter. I think he just wanted to be sure he was in the clear for Thanksgiving, but its okay. I had a healthy baby boy after 8 hours of labor. This time we will probably have a planned induction because we live so far from the hossy that dh is scared to death he will have to deliver the baby on the side of the interstate!

michelleloehr replied to Jacque72903's response:
mamatobe08 if you need help coming up with ideas let me know i'm always willing to lend a helping hand.

roni090909 responded:
I walked every night and forced DH to have sex with me I am not into all that other crazy stuff that some women do.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I did everything and anything and no babies before due dates or even post due dates without serious nudging.

ElianasMama83 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
We DTD. I ate spicy food. I drank raspberry tea till I was sick. I walked. I looked everywhere for castor oil, no one had it. I tried everything and she was still 3 days late, LOL. Im not convinced any of that stuff works, but that doesnt mean I wouldnt try it again, She was a mid July baby and I was miserable in the heat, so I was beyond desperate.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Sherry, been married to Simon since 2/2007. He's a truck driver, I'm a stay at home mom. It took us over a year to have DD because I h...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.