Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

baby movements
michelleloehr posted:
so when we had the u/s yesterday we could see little guy/girl jumping around in there. How much longer till I can actually feel him/her moving about? I'm 11 weeks and this is my first. When did you typically feel the first movements? and what do they feel like so i know how to identify them at first?

nsteve responded:
It wasn't until about 20 weeks when I did. And its just a fluttery feeling at first but as the weeks progress it will get more and more evident. HTH!

mamatobe08 responded:
I felt my first son at 14 weeks. I was at work and I remember I wasn't sure what it was, but I thought it felt like I had heard baby feels, so I drank a little Coke and within a few minutes he was really moving lol.

It feels like little flutters at first.

KDJK0001 responded:
I think it was around 15 or 16 weeks. Maybe earlier. I'll have to go back and check my journal. I'm 13 weeks and 1 day and haven't felt anything yet, but we could see her moving like crazy last week at my 12 week appointment!

Jacque72903 responded:
Most first timers don't feel it until 18 to 20 weeks I think. I was 18 weeks with ds. For me I just felt a little bump on my tummy. I was sitting still and rubbing my belly and I just felt this little thud in my stomach. But you can also feel like a butterfly is fluttering around in your tummy. It is soo cool, it is my favorite part of being pregnant. Later on you will be able to feel and tell when they have the hiccups! That is so cool too!

michelleloehr replied to Jacque72903's response:
20 weeks seems ages away (i know it reality that's only late June and its already late April)

jenfur79 responded:
I felt DS at 19weeks when i was getting my U/S all off a sudden my stomach moved and I felt his little kick we even saw him on the screen when he did that it was pretty neat. To me at first they felt like gas bubbles moving in my stomach then as he got bigger it was stronger.

bitesizehoney replied to nsteve's response:
I'm a first timer and I felt it around 16 wks... It really feels like popcorn :) LoL.

jel0267 responded:
With my first I swear I was feeling movement from 14 weeks on, but at the time I didn't realize it was movement. When I was 18w3d I saw kicks from the outside and thats when I knew I had been feeling movement all that time.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
The feel a bit like butterflies or bubbles at first. You should feel them first between 16-25 weeks. It is usually later in a first pregnancy unless you are super bodily aware.

Here is a guide to Fetal Movement .It is a pretty good article-what to expect and when, how much is too little, etc.

DaleCDean29 responded:
::Lurking from 2nd Tri::

I felt my little girls first real movement at 19 weeks. I remember cause I had my hand on my belly and she must have turned cause suddenly it felt like her head or her butt was under my hand. I laughed and cried at the same time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello Ladies, I am a nineteen year old college student studying biomedical engineeering as well as being engaged. On top of all of that I just found o...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.