Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Anyone else?
Mena75 posted:
I'm nine weeks today. My m/s has finally passed (it still pops up now and then but nothing like before), and I'm staying hungry. I could eat all the time. lol This is my third child and I'm already showing. I do tend to have big babies (both were over 9lbs) so I'm thinking I can blame my weight gain on that. ;) lol
Seriously though, I feel like I can't get full. Anyone else feel this way?

Jen93727 responded:
Same here...This is also my 3rd child and I eat ALL the time and don't get full. I went to the doc's at 5 wks and found out I had gained 11 lbs in 2-3 wks!!! But I have been walking more and drinking lots of water and so far I have managed to lose 6 lbs. My boss keeps asking me when I'm going to start wearing maternity clothes but I keep saying its too soon, lol.

I gained 35 lbs with my first son but I was very thin back then...I gained 7 lbs with my 2nd son and I'm about the same size now as I was then, give or take a few lbs...

But seriously, those maternity clothes (esp. the pants!) seem pretty good right now, lol

flutterbymama2be responded:
I am starting to get hungry more often. I have to be VERY careful with what I eat though due to my diabetes, so it's a struggle. I find myself becoming more and more hungry. The doctor told me if I am hungry to eat, but if I eat more then my sugar goes up. It's a bit of a catch 22. They also griped at me for losing two pounds. I'm not sure what to do. I'm hungry, I want to eat, I want the LO to be healthy and safe first and foremost, I don't want to lose weight, but I am only supposed to gain ten pounds through my whole pregnancy....UGH!!
Yes, I feel your pain about not feeling full. It's frustrating.

roni090909 responded:
I feel like I am hungry all the time too. 30 min after I eat I am starving again. I hate this. With my last I gained over 50 lbs and I am really hoping to not do that again.

Kamilah73 responded:
I am 6 weeks 6 days. Its amazing how absolutely hungry I have gotten all of a sudden. My stomach literally starts to growl if I don't eat within a half hour of feeling hunger. I have stopped for fast food 3 times in the last 2 days, and that is not at all apart of my normal eating habits. I am an amateur gourmet chef, and the things I've been eating are down right embarrassing. Luckily, my boyfriend has all the morning sickness, (although he's 3000 miles away in Miami at the moment,) and I get nauseous in the afternoon until early evening. But I definitely need to watch what I eat as this is my 4th child and I'm 36. lol!

jenfur79 responded:
I have been the total oppisite this time. With DS I was starving all the time, and this time I am not hungry at all and just feel kinda blah if I eat something.

KTPMaryland replied to jenfur79's response:
This is my first pregnancy, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I am hungrier than usual. I wasn't overly hungry at first, but this past week I've been starving. And when I am ready to eat - I am READY to eat, lol. Waiting is not an option!

I usually eat really healthy - mostly fruit and veggies & lean meat - but I've been craving any and all carbs and sweets. I'm trying to limit and stick to the healthy stuff but boy, do bagels, cookies and bread sound good to me :) I stuck a piece of french bread in with my lunch today before I left for work, I just had to!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I did. I later learned (much later) that it actually was acid reflux causing that never ending need to eat. So, I would eat and feel better just long enough feel like I was hungry again. Smaller, frequent, lighter meals might have helped.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Afshan and I'm a mom to 4 wonderful kids (DD1- 11, DD2- 10, DS- 3, DD3- 9 months). We are now expecting our 5th baby on Oct 20, 2011 a...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.