Pregnancy Brain?
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
New research says that there is nothing to pregnancy brain . I want to say this research was done by people who never have been pregnant. I think many of my brain cells got trapped in baby thinking and didn't multi-task.

What about you? Are you showing signs of forgetfulness and pregnancy amnesia yet?

Take the Poll

Is pregnancy brain a reality?
  • Yes!
  • No...and women should stop excusing themselves that way
  • Yes...sometimes
  • Not sure.
  • I forget what the question is...
vote
View Poll Results

KDJK0001 responded:
LOL!! I love that the research was done by people who have never been pregnant! You can only truly appreciate "pregnancy brain" when you are or have been pregnant! I had never heard of it when I was pregnant with DD and I can promise there is something to it! I had just started a new job and had to carry a memo pad around everywhere because I kept forgetting what my boss would ask me to do. I had NEVER had a problem forgetting things until then!! It doesn't get much better after the baby is born either : ( For me anyway...

mamatobe08 responded:
As my friend says, as the belly gets bigger, the brain gets smaller!

Last week I went to the grocery store to buy stuff to make BBQ ribs in the crockpot. I spent 20 minutes in the store, got out to the car and realized I forgot the actual ribs. DUH! I went to the other store in town because I felt so dumb to go back in the same store!

BelleMorte08 responded:
There has to be something to it.
Just yesterday, DH wanted to go downtown to try swing dancing, and had asked me at 1:00ish if I wanted to go. I said sure. About 4:00 MIL called me and asked if we had plans and if we wanted to go to dinner at her house. I said I'll check with DH, & he looked at me like I was crazy and reminded me that we were going downtown. At 6:00, he was getting his shoes and hoodie on to leave, and I asked him where he was going. I forgot 3 times in one day that we were going downtown, which is something I have done every tuesday (during the warm-ish months, because it is outside) for the past 4 years.