Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Pregnancy Brain?
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
New research says that there is nothing to pregnancy brain . I want to say this research was done by people who never have been pregnant. I think many of my brain cells got trapped in baby thinking and didn't multi-task.

What about you? Are you showing signs of forgetfulness and pregnancy amnesia yet?

Take the Poll

Is pregnancy brain a reality?
  • Yes!
  • No...and women should stop excusing themselves that way
  • Yes...sometimes
  • Not sure.
  • I forget what the question is...
vote
View Poll Results

KDJK0001 responded:
LOL!! I love that the research was done by people who have never been pregnant! You can only truly appreciate "pregnancy brain" when you are or have been pregnant! I had never heard of it when I was pregnant with DD and I can promise there is something to it! I had just started a new job and had to carry a memo pad around everywhere because I kept forgetting what my boss would ask me to do. I had NEVER had a problem forgetting things until then!! It doesn't get much better after the baby is born either : ( For me anyway...

mamatobe08 responded:
As my friend says, as the belly gets bigger, the brain gets smaller!

Last week I went to the grocery store to buy stuff to make BBQ ribs in the crockpot. I spent 20 minutes in the store, got out to the car and realized I forgot the actual ribs. DUH! I went to the other store in town because I felt so dumb to go back in the same store!

BelleMorte08 responded:
There has to be something to it.
Just yesterday, DH wanted to go downtown to try swing dancing, and had asked me at 1:00ish if I wanted to go. I said sure. About 4:00 MIL called me and asked if we had plans and if we wanted to go to dinner at her house. I said I'll check with DH, & he looked at me like I was crazy and reminded me that we were going downtown. At 6:00, he was getting his shoes and hoodie on to leave, and I asked him where he was going. I forgot 3 times in one day that we were going downtown, which is something I have done every tuesday (during the warm-ish months, because it is outside) for the past 4 years.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I suffered a miscarriage June 2010. We just got married in Feb 2011and are now expecting again! <3 We could not be more thrilled!

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.