Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Does this make sense? TRIGS
Hayswifey posted:
I found out around 12:30am Saturday April 3rd that I was pregnant. I am not sure where I was in my cycle at the time, and don't really know the lengths of my cycle, not when I would have ovulated. I had my first OB appointment April 20 (so about 2 weeks and 3 days later). The previous Saturday April 17th, there was a TINY bit of brown blood on the toilet paper when I went to the bathroom. I didn't think anything of it because I've had a m/c before and know that brown blood generally means nothing. It only happened that one time, and it was so little. I mentioned it anyway to the nurse and she requested I make a same day appointment to check my beta levels and do a quick ultrasound. My beta came back at 21000. The doctor did a quick ultrasound but was having a hard time seeing through my bladder as it was full. When he did see my uterus he saw the sack, but nothing inside of it. He did a pelvic exam and said that my cervix was slightly open. Because of the condition of my cervix and that there was nothing in the sack, he said that a miscarriage was imminent. He wanted me to come back to recheck my levels and do another ultrasound. I went back 48 hours later and my beta level went up to 38000 and there was a small amount of material in the sack. At the first appointment I was measuring around 5 weeks and at the last appointment I was measuring at 5 weeks 5 days. So, he said that everything was still up in the air, and that it could go either way, but that things look like I may be progressing. I have another appointment on Monday to see how things are going.

My question is, does it even make sense that I would only be 5 weeks and 5 days on April 22 when I got a BFP on April 3? I mean, perhaps I could have implanted around 7-8dpo and gotten a BFP REALLY early.......I just don't know if that makes any sense. Anyone smarter than I able to determine if it is even possible that I am only 5 weeks 5 days (now 6 weeks) if I got a BFP on April 3?

Thanks in advance for any advice or words of encouragement!

Chocolatemoca responded:
I concieved on March 14 and got a BFP on March 23 so it's possible. When I went to my first appt I only measured 6wks 4days, and that was in the 15th of April so it's very possible.

pajama_mama responded:
yup it's possible I got my bfp apparently when I was 3-4weeks lmp so 1-2 weeks after implantation my numbers were extremely high just like yours when they ran the beta hcg after several u/s's showing an empty sac- they didn't see the fetus till this past friday and I'm measuring 8weeks along and the fetus is perfect down to the newly discovered heartbeat just a little bit of blood in my uterus which could cause trouble but he really doesn't foresee anything. So literally overnight it changed from tissue to a perfectly viable pregnancy. Hang in there you'll never figure out early pregnancy being the Dr's haven't even yet

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of 1 daughter, Lily born May 27th 2009. I was married Dec. 6th 2008 to an amazing man who I adore. I had severe pre-eclampsia with my da...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.