Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Does this make sense? TRIGS
Hayswifey posted:
I found out around 12:30am Saturday April 3rd that I was pregnant. I am not sure where I was in my cycle at the time, and don't really know the lengths of my cycle, not when I would have ovulated. I had my first OB appointment April 20 (so about 2 weeks and 3 days later). The previous Saturday April 17th, there was a TINY bit of brown blood on the toilet paper when I went to the bathroom. I didn't think anything of it because I've had a m/c before and know that brown blood generally means nothing. It only happened that one time, and it was so little. I mentioned it anyway to the nurse and she requested I make a same day appointment to check my beta levels and do a quick ultrasound. My beta came back at 21000. The doctor did a quick ultrasound but was having a hard time seeing through my bladder as it was full. When he did see my uterus he saw the sack, but nothing inside of it. He did a pelvic exam and said that my cervix was slightly open. Because of the condition of my cervix and that there was nothing in the sack, he said that a miscarriage was imminent. He wanted me to come back to recheck my levels and do another ultrasound. I went back 48 hours later and my beta level went up to 38000 and there was a small amount of material in the sack. At the first appointment I was measuring around 5 weeks and at the last appointment I was measuring at 5 weeks 5 days. So, he said that everything was still up in the air, and that it could go either way, but that things look like I may be progressing. I have another appointment on Monday to see how things are going.

My question is, does it even make sense that I would only be 5 weeks and 5 days on April 22 when I got a BFP on April 3? I mean, perhaps I could have implanted around 7-8dpo and gotten a BFP REALLY early.......I just don't know if that makes any sense. Anyone smarter than I able to determine if it is even possible that I am only 5 weeks 5 days (now 6 weeks) if I got a BFP on April 3?

Thanks in advance for any advice or words of encouragement!

Chocolatemoca responded:
I concieved on March 14 and got a BFP on March 23 so it's possible. When I went to my first appt I only measured 6wks 4days, and that was in the 15th of April so it's very possible.

pajama_mama responded:
yup it's possible I got my bfp apparently when I was 3-4weeks lmp so 1-2 weeks after implantation my numbers were extremely high just like yours when they ran the beta hcg after several u/s's showing an empty sac- they didn't see the fetus till this past friday and I'm measuring 8weeks along and the fetus is perfect down to the newly discovered heartbeat just a little bit of blood in my uterus which could cause trouble but he really doesn't foresee anything. So literally overnight it changed from tissue to a perfectly viable pregnancy. Hang in there you'll never figure out early pregnancy being the Dr's haven't even yet

Spotlight: Member Stories

Christina - Texas - Married to DH May 2003, 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (possible twins) was a member of the WebMD Boards way back ...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful