Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

1st baby and husband deployed
cryssyq9 posted:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has been or is in the same boat as me, Im almost 12 weeks with my first and my husband is being deployed overseas until the end of January, so he will be meeting his baby when he or she is almost 2 months. Ive been having horrible morning sickness all throughout the day too any suggestions, nothing really seems to help.

<3

Navy Wife

aka85 responded:
Sorry to hear about the timing of the deployment. I can't relate there, but I am in my 13th week and I had the "morning" sickness all day long. The only relief I found was eating every 3hrs (no matter how I felt) and that really helped. I lived on grapes, saltine crackers, club crackers with turkey lunch meat and cheddar cheese for lunch, and other bland food. For a while I just didn't eat, but believe it or not, that made it worse for me. Once I got on an eating schedule I was able to control the nausea. Everyone is different, but it worked for me and you'll just have to try different things to see what works for you. Pineapple was another one for me, also. I was lucky and only had nausea for about 4 weeks and am doing better now. You should be getting close to the end of the sickness, hopefully, so hang in there-it will get better. If you like turkey or ham, try light sandwiches too. The bread will help give you something solid in your tummy without having to eat a whole lot. Good luck!

Hayswifey responded:
Hi! I wanted to comment to tell you that I have been in a similar situation. My DH was deployed 2 months after our first was born. It was REALLY hard, but having him around made the deployment go by SO quickly. I had been through a deployment before and didn't have a child. Comparing the two, deployments with a child are easier in the sense that the time flies by. In regards to your situation, I wouldn't worry too much about him missing the first 2 months, or the birth even. While, I am sure those are monumental moments in your life, there are so many wonderful memories yet to come. I promise you that everything will work out wonderfully.

As a matter of fact, I am pregnant with #2 now, and am due in December. DH deploys in August, so he will probably miss the birth and the first 8 months. So, I am going to be in the exact same situation again.

Best of luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 27 years old and my husband is 28. We were married on June 27, 2009. I wasn't ready for kids right away as I have an irrational fear of fi...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful