Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Worry
jenfur79 posted:
I don't know why I am worrying so much this pregnancy but I am. I have my 3rd HCG blood draw tomorrow so I really hope my number are good enough and they can do an u/s so I can see this little beans heart beat already. I have 2 other kids and no history of m/c but I am so afraid of m/c this time and I don't know why. Any one else have that fear?

Me-30 DH-34 DD-10 DS-20months Due Date-12/24/2010

roni090909 responded:
I do. And I think alot of it has to do with this board. I love this board and all but you hear about all the m/c. It really makes you think because alot of women experience them. When you read about it almost daily, you see how common it really is.

GL tomorrow. I hope you get to see your little bean tomorrow.

Jacque72903 replied to roni090909's response:
I agree with you, I think the boards don't really help the fear of m/c. I wasn't on here with ds until 2nd tri, so I never saw those posts. It really does make you think, I can't even imagine how I would deal with it personally.

KTPMaryland replied to Jacque72903's response:
I totally agree! I am so paranoid about it, especially after reading everyone else's experiences and the symptoms leading up to it. I wish I could be blissfully ignorant.

All I try to do is be grateful for every day farther along I get...it means I am that much less likely to mc - at least in my reasoning, lol.

Can't wait to get to the second tri...and then a whole new set of worries will set in :)

mamatobe08 replied to roni090909's response:
Totally. I'm the same way this time around. I think it's the board, as well as the fact that I have a perfectly healthy little boy who never had any issues, and I fear that I just can't get that lucky again. I'm trying to keep my faith though and remember that I have no reason to think that way. Every day I feel sick, I hate it, but I also embrace it because it helps remind me my hormones are still doing something wacky in there! :)

Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure it will all be fine. Let us know if you get to see itty bitty baby!

jenfur79 responded:
Yes I contribute my fears to the board as well. It scares me ti see all the m/c posts. With DD I was 19 and let me tell you ignorance is total bliss! I had no worries or concerns, then with DS, the internet can be more bad than good sometimes with how much info is at your finger tips. I am glad I am not the only one that is feeling like this. I stopped going on the TTC boards when we were trying b/c those stressed me out even more lol. With my DS I didn't come to these boards till I was almost in my 2nd tri so I didnt read any m/c posts. I am trying to relax and know everything is going to be okay. Thanks for listening ladies! I am glad I have you for the next 9 months and beyond! :)

nnegron1 responded:
I am in complete agreement with you. I had no problems with my first pregnancy, have never had any m/c, and yet I am so nervous with this pregnancy and I am not sure why. I think it could be because of these boards and then all I have been hearing lately is sad things about people who have lost. I think it really sets the paranoia and it doesn't help that I have to wait another four weeks before knowing everything is ok. It probably is, but because of all this worrying, it's hard to remember that.

michelleloehr replied to nnegron1's response:
i had an m/c in janurary and i'll be honest some days my fear and worry are almost paralyzing. from week 4-7 I didn't want to use the restroom for fear that i'd see spotting. I did see spotting week 10 and had a complete breakdown. My doctor checked me out and the baby was fine but the worry came back full force. i don't think i'll calm down until i can feel him/her moving around in there (but i'm sure that will give me a whole new set of worries)

sliverfroggy responded:
Yes I am right there with you. I had a m/c the first time I got pregnant. I would not have even known I was pregnant if I had waited to take a test cause the next morning I m/c. It was a chemical pregnancy. After that 6 months later I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy. Now I am pregnant again and I am so sacred of a m/c. I really have no reason to think cause I haven't had any issues but I too contributed my fears to these boards. We read all about everyone's m/c and it makes you think. The problem is we don't know any medical information of these people we read about so we have no idea why it happened. I am just checking the days off until 5/28. Thats when I get to see this little bean. I am hoping I will get to hear the heartbeat before that on my doppler but we shall see. H&H 9 months to all!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tami. I am married to Bret and we have one child, a ten year old boy name Ashton. We have been TTC for over 2 years--and are finally due on...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.