Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

not hungry during pregnancy
siriz posted:
I am about 6 weeks along and find that I don't seem to have any of the typical pregnancy symptoms. I have had no morning sickness, don't feel fatigue and I just don't seem to be hungry.

I'm sure some of you will say that this is a blessing, but I hate feeling like I am forcing myself to eat. Is this something that my appetite will just increase with time? I know we are supposed to eat 300 more calories than usual, and I am finding it a struggle. Has this happened to anyone else? This is my first.

jenfur79 responded:
I am the same way. I do however have the morning sickness, but even before I got that I didnt want to eat anything. Nothing sounded good. I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks after I found out I was pg just from not feeling like I wanted to eat. You will get your appitite back soon. In the 2nd tri you will start to feel tons better and start to gain the weight. Don't worry its very normal.

siriz replied to jenfur79's response:
Thanks, its nice to know I'm not the only one. I keep hearing about pregnant woman having cravings, and I don't even have an appetite! I have a friend who is about 7 weeks along, all she talks about are her cravings, and how she's sick morning, noon and night! I hope my appetite does resurface, I can't imagine feeling like I have to force feed myself for the next 8 months!

sleepingleaves responded:
I am about 5 weeks and have lost my appetite completely. I have lost about 7 lbs since I found out I was pregnant. I do not have much morning sickness but i am pretty tired. everyone tells me i will get hungry eventually! Glad I am not alone! But I am worried that my baby is suffering somehow.

siriz replied to sleepingleaves's response:
Hi Sleepingleaves,

I know what you mean. I am afraid that if I don't force myself to eat that my baby won't get proper nutrition. But I have also heard that it is bad to eat when you are not hungry. Did your doctor say anything to you about your weight loss? I've only gained about 2 pounds and worry I should be heavier.

jenfur79 replied to siriz's response:
Right now the baby is so small that your body has enough nutrion for the both of you. My dr is not concerned about the weight loss at all and says its fine for now as long as I start gaining weight by 3-4 months along it will be okay. Trust me you will gain the weight soon enough when you start feeling more like eating which will be in the next couple months. I had this same problem with my daughter I had lost 20lbs in the 1st 3 months from being so sick. After I felt better I gained all the weight back. YOu won't feel like this the whole time its just in the begining. Hang in there ladies

SunConure responded:
lurking- I'm 22 weeks and my appetite returned at about week 16-17, now I can't get enough to eat!! I felt the same way for a while I had to force my self to eat. Don't worry the baby is going to take from you what it needs no matter what, but your appetite will return.

Tinker_Toys replied to SunConure's response:
I was feeling the same way too. I'm 7 weeks and I feel like I barely have any symptoms. No morning sickness, but late in the day nausea is starting to kick in. My breasts aren't even sore. For the past week or so I've felt bloated and do not feel like eating half the time. I'm hopeful things will be get better. )

xiri16 replied to Tinker_Toys's response:
I'm also seven weeks. I think my appetite's been pretty normal, but after ten pm I feel nausea and just want to get to sleep and miss most of it. I glad I'm not working overnights like I was when I was pregnant with my son. I was thrilled that my breasts weren't sore until last week when the soreness kicked in all at once, so it still may come. Is yours a Christmas due date, as well?

Starla_94 responded:
I was never hungry.. i'm on weight watchers and was adding 3 points to my day at first and would go up to 5 later.. Doc said 300 calories more last time.. but all i wanted was Veggies!! and well they arn't much for cals or Points! lol

i was losing weight

with my first i gained 5 pounds in the first 3-4 months
then 95 more in the last 2 months! ugh..

Thatbrowngal responded:
Im seven weeks and Im feeling the same way. Only thing weird is that I've had cramps for about 3 weeks. It's really annoying I thought I was getting my period turns out I'm pregnant. I completely lost my appetite for everything but water! I hope it gets better I'm really nervous

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Chasity and I am married to a wonderful man named James. I have four children and one on the way. Here are their names and dates of birth....More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.