Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Need New Bras Already?
kimberly1829 posted:
I am barely 5 weeks pregnant. Is it possible that I need to go bra shopping already? I feel like every move I make, my underwire is digging in! Please tell me this isn't a sign that I will have melons attached to my chest by the time 9 months rolls around.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mendezwife responded:
Could it be that you are in a good fitting bra to begin with? I was like that with my 1st son, but when I went for my 1st professional bra fitting, I found out I was in the wrong size. It doesn't cost anything to get a fitting done & it really makes you feel good when you finally see your in a good fitting bra.
As far as being prego, its unlikely that your already swelling at 5 wks. Usually in the later of the 2nd trimester & 3rd your breasts start to change, getting ready for all that comes!
Get fitted & make sure your in a good bra, that will really help for the changes that come & make you feel a lil more comfy if your heavy chested! (I'm 4'11 & a 32D! So I understand!) Hope I helped! & congrats & good luck!

pooh4disney responded:
u could try to go up one cup size or buy one without underware. this is my second pregnancy and like u i feel my boobs are bigger( i am also at 5 weeks) im wearing the bra i wore when i was preggo with my son and im wearing a sports bra they also sell bra extenders so u dont have to buy a new bra

Starla_94 responded:
My "GIrls" got HUGE right away.. I just bought a regular bra a size up ..

Unfortunatly i'm a DD before PG.. and was and E by the end..

each person is different unfortunatly so there is no telling what you could be..
Definitly try mesuring you can do this yourself measureing around your rib cage under your Breasts and then same but over your nipple..

around the cage is the first part then subtracting the two will give you the measurment to determine cup size.. you can google specifics online..

I feel your pain.. I'm not even SURE i'm pg.. but pretty sure i might be and i've already swelled.. i'm a DDD now and have already started to look for my maternity E bras since i have them ugh..

Starla_94 responded:
PS. i was told Lane Bryant has some Big Bras with GREAT support.. they just arn't "pretty" really any good bra isn't LOLOL.. Victoria Secret is a joke unles you less then a D cup :)

Good LUCK!

mendezwife replied to Starla_94's response:
Unless your like an E, Victoria Secret online carries the unusal sizes. I order all my bras from them online, bc I was a 32 DD when I was prego! Try finding that in the store, compared to all the lil ladies! Look online & see what you can find & you'd be suprised the pretty bras in a D or DD! Good luck!

Starla_94 replied to mendezwife's response:
Yea I used to order them but they fell apart.. and offered little support.. they just looked nice :) lolol

I don't recomend them anymore for larger ladies even though you can order them..

I am much larger now and wear Minimizers usually Bali makes them but the ones i like the best are Lillyette Very Comfy and doesn't give you the back roll.. They don't go up to E's in the store just DDD but not sure what you get from their website..

Lane Bryant i was told carries E's in the store :)

chaquita1230 responded:
boobs change first. Mine are bustin out of ny bras too. I am only 6 weeks.

stclair001 responded:
My boobs have already gone up a size at 9 weeks. I am normally between a C and a D and now the D cups are getting a little snug. I think what makes it worse is that they are sore so even just the tiniest bit snug and the bra is uncomfortable. I have never gone beyond 1 or 2 cups sizes in my other 2 pregnancies, but it all depends on the woman. Each time is different.

Good luck!

gina111183 replied to stclair001's response:
My boobs are a DD and I know Im gonna have to get a bigger better bra cause when I sit it seems as though the fall and land on my stomach which Im only 8wks but Im swollen I look and feel bigger anyone else like this? swollen stomach?? Oh and I have no morning noon or night sickness at all I know that is a blessing but so many ppl say oh then its a boy but I know that is not true this is my 3rd baby so anyone else no sickness??

Starla_94 replied to gina111183's response:
i never got sick with my first untill the day i ate something bad.. LOL but that was a one time thing..

some people don't get sick some doo.. its different for everyone and like you said.. different each PG!! :)

kamls73 replied to gina111183's response:
gina, I didn't have have morning sickness with my 1st & it was a girl, had a little bit this time around - but was gone by wk 7, so there's no telling. As far as the boobs & the baby bump - I'm just over 12 wks & I've already had to replace my bra's & the bump has been with me since about 5-6wks......Good luck!

jackiieraney87 responded:
I am now 12 weeks pregnant and I have already gone up a bra size, and am almost about to have to go up another one. I was already a DDD, now I am into a G. I had to go up to the next bra size when i was barely 2 months pregnant. Each person is different, but really a bra fitting is the best option. All of my bras come with underwire at my size, but i can't afford any more bras right now. so I just cut the underwire out of a few of my bras and they fit a little better for a while. It just depends on the support you need for your size bra.

xiri16 responded:
I started at 34 DDD and by week 5 was oozing over. And they've just grown since then. I can't afford the prices they charge for big cups, so I just put them back in when they fall out.

An_217504 responded:
It is very possible, havig melons at the end IDK but I am 6 wks now and need a new bra couldnt get one this morning came to work with it stuffed in my pocketbook LOL if big boss comes in I will go try again LMAO they are so tender and sore and swollen i gave up this morning just didnt care feels weird to be braless after yrs of confinement I think I could get used to it tho' my 1st pregnancy i was barely B cup by the end was DD after nursing a short time was D cup and stayed that way for 6 yrs. D is to small Gotta find my DD hope they work and I agree with earlier POST bigger sizes cost too much I aint gonna pay for it....watch out these babies are not confined or conttrolled if I turn around to fast DUCK LMAO I am so bored today hate working weekends okay maybe I am done ranting now okay this is crazy lady post gonna go annom for it bet u can figure it out though I aint stealthy like that OH my I gotta go hope u got a laugh from me

Spotlight: Member Stories

Found out in mid-June that I'm pregnant with my first child. Excited and nervous!

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.