Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I Feel Great! Should I Be Worried?
kimberly1829 posted:
So, I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant with my first, and I keep reading about how I should feel...breast tenderness, nausea, headaches, fatigue. But I feel great! I have none of those symptoms. I gardened for 4 hours yesterday and have never felt better. Besides taking a half hour nap in the afternoons (which I normally don't do), I feel awesome! Do I need to be worried? It sounds strange, but the better I feel, the more worried it makes me. I don't have my first doctors appointment for another 3 weeks, but I don't know if I can wait that long to make sure that everything is ok. The more I read, the more freaked out I get. Does anyone else feel like I do?

TeacherBeck responded:
A lady at work always tells me that she felt her BEST ever when pg. She said she had more energy, ate great, slept great, etc. She had 2 pregnancies which both resulted in healthy boys who are now in High School.
So, I think it's normal. Lucky! :)
(Hopefully, you will stay feeling this great, but wanted to add I've read everyone is different; Many women have no/few symptoms until 7-8 weeks, and a few women have their symptoms start when the rest of us are finally starting to feel better! Try not to worry :) )

tmullis06 responded:
Hi Kimberly,
I am 6 weeks pregnant today. I also feel great.(well except heartburn and taking a few naps) I go on the 1st of June for my doctors apt. The doctor told me that I maybe one of many that do not get any symtoms. Sometimes i think i would feel better to be like everyone else...lol... but I guess we are lucky. I have been trying for 4 years now. And this is my first. I have already had 1 untrasound at 5 wks and 4 days. But they couldn't see anything but the yoke sac. So i am hoping for a heart beat on my next. I am a high risk so maybe that is why they did one earlier. I hope this helps...Looks like we are only a day or so apart.

kimberly1829 replied to tmullis06's response:
I read on another post of yours that you are due January 18th? So am I! At least that is what I can tell from doing the Due Date Calculators. You are my due date buddy! Maybe there is a correlation between our due dates and feeling great! I hope you continue to feel awesome (I do too) and I hope your U/S goes great. Congrats and thanks for the encouragement.

coffeehouse7 replied to kimberly1829's response:
Kimberly, I'm a week behind you! I am starving all the time, but otherwise not too bad...yet? :)

hdfields responded:
I am 5w2ds and I just have minor cramping at night. Also, I am starving and try to get in every meal. Other than that I feel good too.

Hope

tmullis06 replied to kimberly1829's response:
Its exciting. I hope your apt goes well also. Keep in touch and let me know how things are going. I am glad to find someone with the same date as me.

tmullis06 replied to coffeehouse7's response:
I am starving all the time too...lol. its crazy.

MRSKuhns replied to kimberly1829's response:
Wow that my due date too! Well according to the calculator! I am glad I stumbled upon this post because I was worried to...I feel pretty good for the most part as well. Just extra tired and have some mild cramping every now and then.

I am so anxious for my doctors appointment, I hope they do an ultra sound...maybe then i will have some peace of mind. My appointment is not until the 9th of June though.

chaquita1230 responded:
I just posted the same thing. funny. guess we are the lucky ones. HNH 9 mos.

Demeli responded:
That was exactly how i was w/ my first pregnancy...i felt wonderful..every week 5, 6, 7, -13 still had no morning sickness or anything!!! at the beginning i don't even know how many pregnancy tests i took b/c i felt so great how could i be pregnant? lol....i'm only 4 weeks now and yup i can't even tell i'm preggo so hopefully that continues :) Enjoy it!!!

1stlilbeckett14 responded:
So glad to hear I am not out of my mind! I have a 9 month old daughter and was sooooooo sick with her in the evenings. This time (almost 5wks), I only have some mild cramping and back aches and a tad tired but no tenderness or anything else and I have been scared something was wrong!!!! I had a miscarriage before my daughter so it's always in the back of my mind. I guess maybe we all got lucky from the posts I see and are feeling great! Thanks for easing my mind!

Maria0909 responded:
Oh honey you are fine, blessed with feeling great, and fine. Not everyone goes through the same thing. Just enjoy being pregnant and the fact you feel so good. Just make sure you drink plenty of water while gardening for 4 hours.

stephenson8673 responded:
This is my second and I am 6 weeks along ( as far as we can tell). Honestly most of the day I have a hard time believing it. I feel great in comparison to how I could be feeling. Tired, yes! Hungry, yes! Pants already tight, yes! Do I feel bad, NO! It is wonderful. As long as the dr keeps telling me I am prego and everything is going okay I am super happy I feel this wonderful. It could be a lot worse.

xiri16 responded:
That's how I was with my first. I just felt fabulous. With this one I still don't have much in the way of nausea etc, but I'm much more tired. I blame it on the ten years and 45 pounds. If you are younger, that could make a difference. Not everyone has a hard pregnancy. Hope it stays easy.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Elisa! I have been married to my husband for 2 1/2 years. We have a son named Blake! He is the love of my life. I just found out that I am ...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.