Sleepless Nights
kristinlily posted:
I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first and for the last 4 weeks I have not been able to sleep well. I toss and turn all night. I am exhausted by mid day and go to bed exhausted by 9:30 every night. Any Suggestions on how to get a good nights rest?

MNMommy3 responded:
I don't have any suggestions but I totally sympathize with you! I'm a little over 7 weeks and I haven't been able to sleep well either. I'm either waking every 3 hours to use the bathroom or having really vivid dreams that keep waking me. Hopefully we'll both be getting some well-deserved rest soon! GL!

HaveFaith1224 responded:
I'm 6w 3d and I don't sleep well either. I'm up every couple of hours because I have to pee. Otherwise, I'm waking up from pains or just tossing and turning. Def. have the vivid dreams too. Wishing you a good night's sleep!

coffeehouse7 responded:
Wow me too, I'm only 4 1/2 weeks but wake up starving, my lower back is uncomfortable, I stay awake later too. I sure miss the days of drinking a beer or two in the evening, eating great snacks and crashing by 10.

:D
~~ Me (39) DH (38) DS (2 1/2) EDD (Jan 29, 2011) ~~

MRSKuhns responded:
I feel the same and i am only 6 weeks along...I will hope there is some kind of solution for that!

kristinlily responded:
I tried drinking a glass of milk before bed last night and that seemed to help a little bit. I wasn't up as much as I usually am tossing and turning. Tonight I am going to go for a walk after dinner and get some exercise, maybe that will help. I'm also going to get a night light for the bathroom so I don't have to turn on the light every time I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I think turning on the bright light keeps me awake so I have trouble getting back to sleep. I also miss the days of having a glass of wine and crashing by 10 and sleeping through the whole night! It will all be worth it though. I hope we all get a good night's rest soon!