Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

How much weight have you gained?
ebonyeye posted:
How many weeks are you and how much weight have you gained?

I'm 8 weeks and I've gained about 3-5 pounds already???
FirstPrevious12NextLast

heatherenee responded:
Just had a dr appointment on thursday...im 12 weeks and to date haven't gained a lb yet. which is fine by me...im sure thats gonna start changing here soon tho.

MommyManda responded:
I'm 7 weeks, and loosing! I've lost about 5 pounds, which my dr said was normal for right now. But sadly enough, I'm ready to start gaining! Lol. Just hopefully all in the belly.

Maria0909 responded:
I am 6 weeks and have gained about 1 lb. I am also jumping in the pool every day to keep that under check. Don't freak out, I gained 48 lb. with my first ( so sad I know), and about 35 lb. with my second so I have learned my lesson in what to eat, how much, and how hard it can be to loose the baby weight after. Just start fresh from here and watch what you eat. Try to go for walks or swim. It makes a difference too if you eat the 6 small snacks/meals a day. This way you don't end up getting so hungry that you eat anything and everything in front of you. I've read that most women gain 5 lb. in the first trimester. It could also be that when you thought you were getting your period (cravings) you ate and figured it was AF and everything would go back to normal in a couple of weeks. The WORST thing you can do is beat yourself up over it or take any harsh words people may say to heart.

krazykatt707 replied to Maria0909's response:
I am 10 weeks and have lost 7 pounds!
Rachel(26),DH(27),DS(3),EDD(2-6-11)

SmallFrey87 responded:
I'm 10 weeks and have gained 3 lbs. I'm extremely skinny so extra weight gain is normal. I weigh 105lbs now.

sarahgrl responded:
I'm 9 weeks and have gained nothing. In the beginning I gained a few pounds (probably retaining water) but have since lost them. When i went for my appointment on friday everyone kept asking me "have you been really sick?" I guess this is just different from my last pregnancy. I didn't gain a ton of weight but I at least gained something. I'll just gain the weight later, I know it'll happen eventually.
Me(28), DH(28), DD(2), Baby 2 EDD 2/19/11

ebonyeye replied to sarahgrl's response:
I just recently lost over 20 pounds and was on a 1200-1300 calorie "diet". Now I dont really watch or care what I eat, and thats what I think is causing me to have gained about 4 pounds already. Im losing control and it is so hot where I am, Im always so tired, I dont want to do anything but sleep.

Maria I will take your advice though, I definitely dont want to lose everything I worked so hard for.

ShanunC replied to ebonyeye's response:
had my first appt today.. am 10wks and 2 days and I have gained nothing yet.. THANK GOD.. Im starting out the gate this time a round about 30lbs heavier than I did with DD..
One thing I remember the first time around ( cuz I gained 50lbs with DD) is that my doc said weight gain suggestions you read in a book or your doc tells you is just that.. a Suggestion.. I gained 50 but they were not worried about it.. It was healthy weight gain.. if your just mowing on Mcds and eating chips alllll the time then your weight gain can be troublesome.. but if your eating healthy and indulging here and there.. as long as you and the baby are healthy dont think about the number..
Shanun/26 DH 29/ DD 24 months/ EDD 2/13/11

MrsAnderson0602 responded:
Well, I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I've already gained 5 pounds! I couldn't believe the scale when I went to the Dr on Monday. I go back to the Dr 08/11/10 and I'm hoping to not have gained any more weight. I've started walking in the evenings and trying to watch what kind of food I eat.
Me 27, DH 27, DD 7, New LO EDD 03/17/2011. Hoping for the Blue Team, but too soon to tell!

ebonyeye replied to ShanunC's response:
I gained 50 pounds with my DD as well Shanun.

But I dont eat fast food. Well an occasional Subway or Chick-fil-A, every now and again but because of my diet I stopped eating ALL fast foods and dont have a desire to eat from those places now (Burger Kind, McD's etc.). And when I say I now dont care about what I eat, is because I was on a strict diet beforehand, now Im probably just eating normal. lol

bgabert responded:
With my first baby, I gained 31lbs.

Before I got KU this time, I had lost all the baby weight, plus an additional 10lbs.
At my 8 week appt, I had lost 4lbs. So, I'm now 14lbs less than I was when I got KU with my first baby. But, I feel so much bigger already, haha.

I wouldn't worry about the few pounds you gain in the first tri. Just try to eat right and walk/take the stairs, etc whenever you can.

On a side note, when my BFF found out she was pregnant, she just ate whatever the heck she wanted.. yeah, she gained like 70lbs... the doctors weren't toooo concerned since she wasn't overweight to begin with, but I certainly don't think being KU is an excuse to eat whatever you want. In fact, you should start eating BETTER!!
Bri (24), DH - Jarrod (28), DD - Emery (1), Baby 2 EDD 2/13/2011

cara90 responded:
I actually went to the doc today, I am 12 weeks and haven't gained a pound yet. Yay! But my stomach is rounding, and I know the pounds are soon to show lol can't wait! :)

MRSKuhns responded:
I am 14 weeks today and i have gained 3 pounds :).... I worry sometimes that i am not eating enough for the baby, but the doctor hasn't said its bad so I am just doing my thing.

ILUVMESUMHIM responded:
I'm 11wks and have lost 14 pounds but had an U/S yesterday and the baby is doing fine looking healthy

Spotlight: Member Stories

We bought our home Mar-2010 & we have been ttc since. It took 5 mths, my ovulation to blame since hubby fixed his issue..but then I ovulated 2x in...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.