Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I Want To Introduce Myself
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi First Trimester Mommies,

My name is Elizabeth and I will be hanging out with you on the weekends. I am a wife and mom to a daughter getting ready to start kindergarten. Yikes!!!

Even though my First Trimester was six years ago, it seems like yesterday. It was filled with much excitement, many questions and lots of reading and researching!!!!

I am enjoying reading your posts and if I can be of help I will chime in.

I do have a questions for the frequent posting mommies-to-be. Can you fill me in on the abbreviations (DD, DH, etc and others not used often)? It will be fun to find out and also helpful to new moms on our community.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

joellelewis responded:
Hey Elizabeth! Welcome to the boards!
DD = darling daughter

DH = Darling Husband

HPT = home pregnancy test

FMU = first morning urine

DF = darling fiancee/boyfriend

PTL = preterm labor (though that one isn't really used on this board)

DS = darling son

That's all I can think of
Me (26) DH (30) PG with 1 after 19months of trying!!! EDD 2-24-2011. C'mon PINK TEAM!!!

Babygr123 replied to joellelewis's response:
POAS= pee on a stick

BFP= big fat positive

BFN= big fat negative

CD= cycle day

TTC= Trying to concieve

LO= Little one

Thats all I have for now. Some of them might be found more on other boards but they might come in handy.
Amanda(24) DH(27) DD1(2) DD2(4 months) 3rd babe on the way! EDD 2/23/11 Yellow Team

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 years old and married the love of my life September of 2010. I was officially diagnosed a few months ago with a prolactin secreting pituitary ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful