Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

has anyone had bleeding during first trimester?
carolinacutie posted:
i'm 6 1/2 wks along and i'm having bleeding but no other danger signs. my harmone levels are doing great. they are actually high. my nurse doesn't seem concerned about it other than to the point of checking my blood levels. i got an internal ultrasound 8 days ago in the ER but they were unable to see anything.
So, i was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation w/ a POSSITIVE outcome AND/OR advice for me. i did not try to get pregnant but have been married for nearly 11 yrs to a wonderful man whom i'm madly in love w/ and would not want to see anything bad happen to this baby OR have an etopic pregnancy that could rupture!!
thank you!

Take the Poll

Did you show at 6 wks?
What did this mean for you?
  • Twins
  • third or fourth pregnancy
  • harmones
  • unhealthy diet
vote
View Poll Results
FirstPrevious12NextLast

joellelewis responded:
I have had bleeding 3 times now. Once at 4w, once at 5w, and once at 9w. Spotting during the 1st trimester is very normal, and along as it stays tan in color and is not accompanied by pain you are usually ok. I wouldn't worry about them not seeing anything yet, the heartbeat usually cannot be detected till after 7w.
Me (26) DH (30) PG FINALLY after 19months of trying!!! EDD 2-24-2011. C'mon PINK TEAM!!!

krazykatt707 responded:
I agree with joelle. It prob is too early to pick up the HB at 6 weeks, even with an u/s. The baby is just too tiny at that point.

I had some spotting with my son in the first trimester but not any with this one.

As long as it's not red and you don't have sharp pains, you should be ok. Esp if your hormone levels are fine and your HcG continues to rise. If the blood is brown it could be old blood from implantation making its way out. If things get worse though, def let your OB know.

Good luck! Sticky vibes your way.
Rachel(26),DH(27),DS(3),EDD(2-6-11)

SunConure responded:
lurking: I had bleeding at 8 weeks and it was pretty red in color so I thought for sure something bad was wrong, turned out everything was fine and I am now 34 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl. As long as your not having any bad cramping and the blood is not bright red you should be just fine, a little bit of spotting is normal. An at 6 weeks it is to early to see anything on an u/s, but by 8 weeks you should be able to see baby and the heartbeat. GL, sending sticky vibes your way!!

frogtoleap2006 responded:
I am 9 weeks pregnant. I have had 2 times once when I just found out I was pregnant and on Sat. I passed 2 clots. The dr's are unsure whats going on. They saw the heart beat on Sat. but not sure why I am bleeding. I am not feeling comfortable with what my dr. is saying so I am getting a second opinion. I am 39 so I know that my risks are high but I need some comfort. Mine is bright read. It only last a day but Sat I freaked out. I thought the clot was the baby. Its so scary not knowing whats going on. Good Luck!!

breezy_83255 responded:
I had a gush of bright red blood at 6 weeks. I had no cramping, so my doc just told me to take it easy for a few days. At 7 1/2 weeks I had a gush of brown blood followed by a few days of brown spotting and clots. Went to my 8 week appointment sure the baby wouldn't be there, but it was! The little heart was beating away. They're not sure why I had bleeding, but did verify at 12 weeks that it hadn't happened again. I am now 14 weeks and doing great. Good luck!
Andelynn Grace- 3 yrs, Carys Kimberly- 1 year, 3 EDD Jan 31!

ebonyeye responded:
I am 10 weeks and I too have had bleeding on 3 different occasions. Twice very light spotting around week 4 and 5 and a LOT of blood at 8 weeks. But that very day at 8w I had my first appointment and my doc said all was well!
Me(31)~DH(28)~DD(11)~EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

ReneeNee84 replied to ebonyeye's response:
I'm totally freaking out right now, just wiped and there was a little spec of pink on the toilet paper. By reading this it seems like nothing, but I've been having a faint pain on my left side today... HELP!

ebonyeye replied to ReneeNee84's response:
If you are VERY worried call your doctor and explain to them your symptoms, although bleeding and cramping is normal in pregnancy, if you are freaking out you may just want to see a doc for some assurance!
Me(31)~DH(28)~DD(11)~EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

ReneeNee84 replied to ebonyeye's response:
I haven't even been in for my first appt. yet it's not until the 20th, I am calming down, but I'm already overly-scared that this is too good to be true, so my crazy levels are up. I'm gonna try to turn down the crazy and just chill. Thanks!
DD 4 years old, also expecting again, estimated due date 4/1/11. Hoping for a boy this time!

michelleloehr replied to ReneeNee84's response:
I had light/medium spotting about 7 weeks. The ultrasound (transvag) could only pick up the yoke sack but my doctor said that was completely normal for that time frame. At my 10 week appointment he did a second u/s and there was a little baby w/ a tiny little heart going crazy.

I had more light/medium spotting at 14 weeks. The ultrasound showed that the placenta was partially covering the cervix (causing the spotting) but by my 18 week u/s it was in a better spot and i haven't had any trouble since. I'm 26 weeks and feel my little girl moving around all the time.

If you aren't having bright red spotting or really bad cramping, I'd try to relax some spotting is considered normal.

carolinacutie replied to michelleloehr's response:
Thanks for sharing everyone!!
I have now been bleeding for 13 days straight!! =(
My harmone levels did decline at the end of last week but now are looking better and are no longer high. I have passed a few really small blood clots over the 13 days but i am still pregnant. No miscarriage.
Other than the bleeding which comes in red, pink and brown I would concider this a perfect pregnancy. We do NOT want to lose this baby!!!
My husband is military and the health care is usually pretty crappy!! They do not seem very concerned about this at all, where as I am terrified!! The "advice nurse" gave me NO info or advice! simply said go to the ER. well our ER has a min. wait time of 4-6 hrs before being treated!! so we contacted a patient advocate and she made things happen. I FINALLY HAVE MY 1ST APPOINTMENT AND THE DR WILL BE SENDING ME FOR AN INTERNAL ULTRASOUND TOMORROW MORNING!! THANK GOD!! I need some assurance, ya know!! I'm now 7wks and 2days so tomorrow they should be able to spot the heat beat and hopefully detect what is wrong! I'm hopeful it's only placenta previa that will change soon. If they can't see anything wrong then that will be a relief for me!!! I just need to know something! Plus like i stated earlier I haven't been seen. I have ssoooo many ?'s. Should I be on bed rest, should i be having intercourse, etc.... Upon the research I'VE done I read that you shouldn't be having intercourse if your having bleeding. So we have been having much less, as it use to be a daily thing. It makes me so sad to see the men and women fighting for our country getting such crappy health care!!! We are trying to switch to a civilian provider but are waiting for the clinic to approve us. Thankfully our insurance co already has!
Again thank you so much for your replies and congrats on your babies!!!! I do appreciate them!! Your prayers for myself and baby would be wonderful!!

Heather aka Carolinacutie

carolinacutie replied to ReneeNee84's response:
Please do not be alarmed by the small speck of pink! Thats totally normal!! That is actually a good sign. A sign that your embryo has attached to your uterus and or the placenta has attached to the uterian wall! It's just your body talking to you!
Light/faint cramping is normal. It also is an indicator from your body that it is working hard to create a new life!! CONGRATS!!

carolinacutie replied to frogtoleap2006's response:
Thank you. YES, it is scary!
Thankfully your bleeding was brief!! I'm glad your baby is ok. Yes, your age does put you as a "high risk pregnancy" so I agree, do what you feel is best for your baby! As your baby can not stick up for himself! And if a second opinion will make you feel better or help in anyway go for it!
I do not, NOT like the fact that I've been bleeding for 13 days, IN A ROW!! This should not be! My body is suppose to need the extra blood!
I have passed a few small clots but your comment did help me because you passed clots as well and your baby is ok. THANKS!

carolinacutie replied to breezy_83255's response:
thank you. i finally have an appointment tomorrow!! can't wait!! congrats!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. My name is Teresa and I am 27 years old. I am married and have a wonderful 5 y/o son with my husband. This april will be 9 years we have been m...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.