Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Anyone else on Zofran?
Mandy_Smiles posted:
Is anyone else on Zofran? My doctor prescribed it because she is afraid that I am going to become too dehydrated due to the morning sickness. I am so afraid that Zofran will harm my baby. Is anyone else taking this medication for morning sickness? It is for chemo patients and there are not really many studies that support that it is safe during pregnancy. Do you think it is safe?
Me(26), DH(31), Angel Baby at 13 weeks 04/2009, EDD 03/27/2011

jmarsh81 responded:
lurking. I am almost 27 wks, and have been on zofran since i was 7-8 wks. it is a life saver. I haven't seen anything to indicate that it is harmful to the baby. But it has helped me so much, and i am down to only having to take it in mornings. GL, HTH.

joellelewis responded:
Zofran is actually one of the safest drugs that they can give you for morning sickness, from what every doc has told me (Including a neurologist lol). I wouldn't worry
Me (26) DH (30) PG FINALLY after 19months of trying!!! EDD 2-24-2011. C'mon PINK TEAM!!!

MilitaryMommyLiz responded:
I was on Zofran for pretty much my entire previous two pregnancies. It issafe and quite effective.
Liz (28) DH (38) DS1 (10/7/2006) DS2 (10/14/2008) BFP 8/2/2010 EDD 4/13/2010 Military family. Souther transplant. Jesus follower!

Jennax907 responded:
I was on Zofran for the first trimester with DS. It was the only thing that would help keep food down. My DS is perfectly normal.

clovertine responded:
I have been taking Zofran as needed this pregnancy & I took it in my 3rd trimester with my last pregnancy. It's a category B drug, so it's considered safe. I think that complications from dehydration & lack of nutrition due to morning sickness are more likely to cause problems than this.
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team!

Mandy_Smiles replied to clovertine's response:
I have been taking the prescription and it is helping me with being able to keep more food and water down. Thanks everyone for your responses. It is comforting to hear that I am not the only one that has been prescribed this drug for MS. Hopefully it will continue to work but today I am feeling rather gross inside and out. I guess that is what is to be expected with pregnancy though. I did not get sick like this with my first pregnancy and we lost our baby. Everyone keeps trying to tell me that it is a good sign that I am sicker. Is this true? I think there is probably the same odds of miscarriage no matter how sick a woman is. I just miss smelling a cooked meal and WANTING to eat it. I look forward to the days when that will happen for me again.
Me(26), DH(31), Angel Baby at 13 weeks 04/2009, EDD 03/27/2011, At 6 weeks 2 days we saw the heartbeat at our first ultrasound!

cutenshort13 replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
It's a life saver! I love it!! I am only getting sick maybe two times instead of 5 plus times a day. I don't know what I would do without it! I am 11 weeks and have been taking it since about 4ish weeks.
Sami (me)(21) DH (20) Rylie Taylor BFP 11/1/09 m/c 11/7/09. Two fur babies one palm mix and a hunting dog. BFP 6/15/10 EDD 2/24/11

clovertine replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
Being sick is supposed to be a good sign! Because of all the hormones & everything, it's an indication that things are going well.
Christine and DH: Scotti - DS: Logan born June 2, 2008 - My Perfect Boy. New little tadpole due 2/13/11! Yellow Team!

Mandy_Smiles replied to clovertine's response:
Having morning sickness is bittersweet. I am happy to be feeling symptoms now but it is making me miserable. Up until this week I have just been a nervous wreck hoping for a sign that everything is going OK. Now, it is making it impossible for me to do my job. I work in an office and I just feel like so much of my day revolves around being sick. I hate not putting 100% of myself into my job. Now everyday I am just praying for the time to roll around that I can leave instead of trying to squeeze every task into the day that I can. I am finding now that it is also getting harder and harder for me to get out of bed in the mornings too. I just don't feel like I am getting enough sleep but I am getting 8 hours every night! Oh, I am just so ready for the 2nd trimester already. We are going on vacation in 2 weeks and I do not look forward to being sick on an air plane... ugh. Just the thought of it makes my stomach turn!
Me(26), DH(31), Angel Baby at 13 weeks 04/2009, EDD 03/27/2011, At 6 weeks 2 days we saw the heartbeat at our first ultrasound!

Krayla responded:
I took zofran from week 16 through to delivery with my daughter. She is healthy, happy, and extremely intelligent. No concerns and I'm quite sure that zofran saved both of our lives. I threw up 20 times a day until I was hospitalized and given this prescription.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Christine & I've been married to my husband, Scott, since 2007. My sweet son's name is Logan & he was born on June 2, 2008....More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.