Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Names anyone?
mkylvr1013 posted:
I was just wondering if anyone had names picked out yet, and what they were. We are back and forth on some, what do you think of

Angelle Victoria girl
Justin Ronald boy

I also need help with names, we want to call the girl ali so we need a name that can go with that and a boy has to have Ronald as the middle name. DH dad's name.

Please help
me-27 DH-30 EDD 3/29/2011 Green team, we think it is pink!

mrslee97658 responded:
Well the only name we have picked out is Christina Nichole but we haven't came up with a boy's name yet.

I think Alianna Nicole is pretty too.
(Me)Ruth(26), DH Steve (42), DS1 Tavion (10), DD Shakayla(7), DS2 Brandon(4),DS3 Kobie (3) and new LO EDD 3/23/2011 On the green team hoping for pink!

joellelewis responded:
For a girl we have Rachel Analin

And for a boy we are toying with Benjamin and Peter

I like the name Alianna too!
Me (26) DH (30) PG FINALLY after 19months of trying!!! EDD 2-24-2011. C'mon PINK TEAM!!!

rosecole responded:
I have a list for both already.

For a girl I like Oliva Rose & Claire Rose - my girls middle name will be Rose.

I have no clue for a boy. I have always loved the name Jake, but it is really popular right now so I don't think I want to use it. I also really like Sam, but I don't think DH likes it.

I also like Sam for a girl.
Nicole(29) DH Nate(29) DS Luke(3) DS Alex(2) 1 Boston Terrier furbaby Jack(5) Baby 3 on the way! EDD 3/21/2011 YELLOW TEAM!

Babygr123 replied to rosecole's response:
Everyones names are really cute. If you want to call her ali you could name her Alexandra, Alexa, Alison. Just some suggestions.

Our boy names are Drew Michael or Drew Gregory. I also like Derrik Lee. Lee id DHs middle name and he would like to use it but I LOVE the name Drew. We cant name him Drew Lee it sounds too much like Drooly and I cant do that too him.

I dont have any girl names picked out because I dont plan on having a girl ;-) This pregnancy is so different than my previous ones. If this is a girl I will be SHOCKED!
Amanda(24) DH(27) DD1(2) DD2(6 months) 3rd babe on the way! EDD 2/23/11 Yellow Team

YesthisisKim responded:
As a daycare teacher I've seen plenty of names - the good, the bad, and the ugly/confusing.
Honestly, if you want your daughter to be called Alli then simply name her Alli (or any spelling variation of Alli). I can't tell you how embaressed even three and four year old get because of their outlandish names. There's a little boy named Mackenzie with three little girls named the same in his class. His mom said she always wanted a Mac.. so just call him Mac lol!
I'm all for being unique and it is your baby so you should name it whatever you feel like! But I know when it comes to naming my little peanut I will have his or her future in mind as well.
Both of your names are beautiful - good luck & congrats!
Can't wait to meet my little peanut :) 07/26/10 - Positive HPT!!

Mandy_Smiles replied to YesthisisKim's response:
My first name is Mandy and there have been so many times that I have wished that my name was Amanda. Especially for job interviews and within the professional setting that I work, I just feel like 'Mandy' isn't very professional. Some of my superiors and clients actually call me Amanda and assume that I am just going by a shorter version of my name! When people call me Amanda I just answer to it now because I am tired of explaining it. I agree with you about the strange variations and the unisex names that tend to veer more toward male or female. I have known a woman named Ryan and a man named Shannon, both of them wished that they could change their names. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to go by a shorter version of your name but to have a longer name to provide the child more options as they grow older. My parents named my brother with intentions of only calling him T.J. but he actually prefers to go by his full first name. I also know a Ben who wishes his name was actually Benjamin. I think choosing a name will be so hard because of the experience I have had with my own name. Does anyone think that once you see your baby's face you will automatically know what to name him/her?
Me(26), DH(31), Angel Baby at 13 weeks 04/2009, EDD 03/27/2011, At 6 weeks 2 days we saw the heartbeat at our first ultrasound!

rosecole replied to YesthisisKim's response:
I totally agree with you Kim. I have always felt like if you know you want to call your child by a nickname then just name them that.

My DH's name is Nathaniel and the day of our wedding I had to call him that because it was his legal name. I have never called him that ever and I hated doing it on our wedding day. I also tend to chose names that can't be shortend. I love the name Isabella, but I know it would never stay that way. I do love the name Bella, but that name is also too popular right now.

I also agree with Mandy. I have names that I like for little kids, but think they would make terrible adult names. You just don't realize how much a name can affect your child and their future.
Nicole(29) DH Nate(29) DS Luke(3) DS Alex(2) 1 Boston Terrier furbaby Jack(5) Baby 3 on the way! EDD 3/21/2011 YELLOW TEAM!

mkylvr1013 replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
I agree, that is my problem, I liked allison because that is a respectable adult name. DH doesnt so much. I feel sorry for kids these days they have such kiddie names that its going to make life difficult later. I think Angelle would be ok as an adult. I dont know. I like the idea behind the name nevaeh, but omg, people need to stop naming their kids that, that one is one of the worst i think for an adult.
me-27 DH-30 EDD 3/29/2011 Green team, we think it is pink!

Becky4416 responded:
DH's family is from Italy and they have very serious traditions for the first born males. The first born son must be named after the paternal grandfather - in our case Giuseppi. I'm trying to convince DH that the American version of Joseph will be ok, but he's not buying it. So for a boy we have Giuseppi (Joseph) James and for a girl we have Lillian Noel. I'm not totally sold on the girl name, but we have plenty of time right? I think that Angelle Victoria is beautiful - it has a good flow when you need to yell it too =)
Becky(30) DH(30) Married 7 years and finally ready for a kid! EDD Feb 22, 2011

frogtoleap2006 responded:
I am really aiming toward Emmalynn or Emmalee for a girl; and not really sure about boy names; I like Elijah and Keeghan. I am very happy that I get to name my child this time without anyone complaining. Because I get toooo!!! LOL But not sure on any of the middle names yet. But I am open to anything. I like unique names.

Schmaylan replied to frogtoleap2006's response:
I have to interject on the funny name train..

I work at a hospital and so I see all kinds of outlandish names. My favorite to date is Heaven Lee Pink. Thats right lol.

Also I cannot believe people that name their kids with repetitive names such as: Robert Robertson, John Johnson and Peter Peterson to name a few. Its actually more common than you think.

Im not pregnant at the moment but we have our names picked out
Girl: AviLynn Regan (Avi for short)
Boy: Kylar Jaxon (Ky or Jax for short)

ebonyeye replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
Mandy its so funny you mentioned this. My friends are going to name their baby Ryan and its a girl. I told her that she should somehow change the spelling so that it looks more girly, but nope... I wish she could read this :)
Me(31)~DH(28)~DD(11)~EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

ebonyeye replied to mkylvr1013's response:
Someone suggested if I had a girl to name her Naveah, absolutely NOT!!!! LOL not only that but my daughter's half sister name is Naveah and I know at least 2 other people that have named their daughters that! But hey if its what they like, its ok by me!
Me(31)~DH(28)~DD(11)~EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

Schmaylan replied to Mandy_Smiles's response:
I also know a girl named Ryan and a man named Shannon, he goes by Shammi tho (no clue). I also know guys named Ashlee and Lindsey, Lindsey is the only one I know who despises his name. He goes by his middle name Cole

Spotlight: Member Stories

Gina(30) DH(35) 2 furry babies, m/c 4/2007,we are expecting TWINS! EDD 2/03/2012 Green Team

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.