Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Question for 2+ Time Mamas
Beeeks posted:
Soooo, how in the world do you deal with the fatigue? I'm only 5wks and I'm just so exhausted. My little guy (12.5 months) is moving from 2 naps to 1 and I feel like such a bad mom because I just don't have the energy to play with him constantly like I used to. I try to nap in the afternoon when he naps, but then I don't get much done around the house!

Any tips? With my first pregnancy I was working full time and I don't remember having such problems with fatigue! gah!
Me (Becca)(28); DH (Jon)(29); DS 08/01/09; EDD 4/16/11

osamuel08 responded:
Napping when your son naps is wise. In terms of getting things done around the house, you are still early in your pregnancy, like me, so getting up before he gets up will likely be a struggle. I have found it is helpful to get up early to keep up with my quiet chores (bills, work, laundry). In terms of the house, I remember having the same problem when pregnant with #2 and finally resolving that if I could simply keep the house at its current state from day to day that was a success. DH and I would tackle heavy cleaning/keeping an eye on our son on the weekends.

HTH!

Jen (34) DH (34) #1 son (4) #2 son (2) #3 edd 4/7/11

yogijan responded:
I agree, I napped when dd napped. She was 3 when I was pg with my son, so she was a handful lol. I also found the flylady.net site when i was pg with ds and it has been a life saver. It's worth checking out, even if you already have a neat home it helps you get into a mindset of prioritizing your time and dealing with whats important.
me(31)df(26)ds(6)dd(10) new LO edd 3-18-11 yellow team

tc23 replied to yogijan's response:
I have been struggling with this, too! My DS is 9 mo and I feel like the time period from when he waked up from his 2nd nap until he's ready for bed I am just dragging! I feel bad, too, bc I'm trying to focus on playing and being fun, but sometimes I just want to lay on the floor and watch while he plays at his activity table. I do remember being really tired with the first pregnancy but it would hit me when I got home from work and I'd fall asleep on the couch as soon as I'd walk in the door. I guess now that we don't have that option and we can't just fall asleep at will--it catches up with us so we're just tired more. It's weird, too, bc I will be so tired at night but as soon as I get to bed...I have such a hard time sleeping. I had major insomnia last night and ended up watching a marathon of "Say Yes to the Dress". Hopefully the 2nd trimester we won't be so tired!!
Me (30) DH (34) DS (9mos) Expecting second little monkey in April.

blessednhighlyfvrd responded:
@ Beeks I don't have any tips for you because the fatigue hasn't hit me yet; however, I did wanna say that we are DDB (due date buddies) and this is my second as well. During my first pregnancy my fatigue lasted until half way through the second trimester, but that was just me. Hoping fatigue isn't as bad this time because I'm going back to school full-time.

mimi_mkc responded:
I am right there with you. I have been so tired that I lay on the couch most days as DS plays. My house is a wreck because I just don't have the energy to do anything. I am hoping my energy returns with the 2nd trimester.

As for naps, I take a nap when DS does. If I don't nap I am more prone to headaches and my m/s kicks up a notch.

I hope you feel better soon.
Me(33), DH(31), DS(22mo), Baby 2 EDD 2/28/11

Beeeks replied to blessednhighlyfvrd's response:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I live for the weekends when my husband is home to take the baby and I can rest! Ahhh.

Blessed that's so exciting that we're due date buddies!!! Congrats and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Me (Becca)(28); DH (Jon)(29); DS 08/01/09; EDD 4/16/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I will be celebrating my 55th birthday soon and my soon-to-be youngest daughter was born IN my heart, not under. That is to say we are adopting my gre...More

Helpful Tips

6 Embarrassing Pregnancy Symptoms
Experts offer tips for coping with everything from excess gas to forgetfulness. To help you know what you can really expect when you're ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 80 found this helpful