Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Ultrasound timing
myboys79 posted:
Hello,
I've been just lurking for a few weeks now but I have a question if anyone can help me. I went for my 12wk appointment today (got to hear the hearbeat!) and they scheduled my 20wk ultrasound. Well they scheduled it for September 21st which would put me at 17wks. My husband and I really want to find out the gender of the baby but I'm worried that this will be to early. This is my 3rd pregnancy and it seemed to me my ultrasounds was more between 20-22wks. I checke around on webmd and it said 18-22wks, so I guess it's just a week. Maybe I'm just being paranoid! Hee Hee! What do you ladies think? Will that be late enough to see the gender? Do you think I should call the clinic and see if they can move it back a week or two?

Thanks!

yogijan responded:
no way!!! 17 weeks is perfect for finding out gender. The closer you get to 20 weeks the more room baby takes up and the more curled up they get. genitals are fully formed and easy to find at 17 weeks. I wouldnt change the appointment.
me(31)df(26)ds(6)dd(10) new LO edd 3-18-11 yellow team

myboys79 replied to yogijan's response:
Oh good! See I knew I was just being paranoid:) This pregnancy has been flying by for me so I think when I looked at the calendar and saw the date is only a little over a month away I freaked. It seems like just yesterday when I got my positive test!

Thanks much!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of 1 daughter, Lily born May 27th 2009. I was married Dec. 6th 2008 to an amazing man who I adore. I had severe pre-eclampsia with my da...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.