Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I would normally be mortified?
Jhawkchick posted:
...if one of my co-workers asked me if I was pregnant without having an obvious pregnant belly, but today I almost hoped someone would ask. At least then I wouldn't feel self-conscious about my expanding waistline. I will be 8 weeks as of tomorrow and between the pregnancy, getting off of a stimulant medication for ADD and quitting smoking, I've definitely put on a few pounds. By a few, I mean 5 -7 lbs, but I'm only 5' 2". I know it's all for the best but, wow, I just feel fat! It's definitely time to invest in a few looser fitting shirts!!

ebonyeye responded:
I know how ya feel! I am almost 13 weeks though and my belly is jiggly, I definitely have a bump but you cant tell I'm preg unless you KNOW that I am, I just look like a 5'7" slender woman with a big belly =(
Me(31)~ DIAGNOSED w/PCOS in '05 EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

MommyManda replied to ebonyeye's response:
That sounds like me, minus 2 inches on the height. Lol. But I just feel fat. I'm only 10 weeks, and pregnant with my first. But I already feel huge. and it doesn't help that the girls at work are already rubbing my belly! They say it feels hard, I just think it feels like fat. Lol
ME(21) DBF(23) 1ST BABY EDD 03/14/2011 HOPING FOR THE BLUE TEAM!!

ebonyeye replied to MommyManda's response:
I think mine is jiggly because I still had a very loose tummy due to my first child. lol I wish mine was hard then I wouldn't be so self conscious! =( lol
Me(31)~ DIAGNOSED w/PCOS in '05 EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

Jhawkchick replied to MommyManda's response:
Thanks ladies! It's so nice to know there are others out there going through the same thing. Especially since it's still the first trimester and we're being selective about with whom we share the great news.

MommyManda replied to ebonyeye's response:
Lol, It sounds rediculous, but I'm kind of ready to get big! The only symptoms I've had is that my boobs hurt like crazy! Which clearly no one else can tell that, Lol! But at times, I feel like people think I'm lying about it or something cause I haven't been sick or anything! So if they think they're seeing a baby belly, even though I'm just seeing fat! Then I guess I'll be okay. haha.

MommyManda replied to Jhawkchick's response:
Definitately right along with ya on this one!

Spotlight: Member Stories

This is our first baby, due 6/11/11!

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.