Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Hot flashes/extreme sweating while sleeping???
ebonyeye posted:
I wake up in the middle of the night everynight in a wet spot. The central air is on in addition to my ceiling fan, so why is it that Im sweating so much? The last few weeks I've been removing my top and bra to avoid being soaked when I wake up.

Anyone having hot flashes?
Me(31)~ DIAGNOSED w/PCOS in '05
EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

frogtoleap2006 responded:
I thought that it was just me. I wake up naked and don't realize I took my clothes off. With my clothes on I am soaked from head to toe. This is doo funny. I didn't think about it because I never was pregnant in the summer. LOL

AbbyGA responded:
Hey, that just rung a bell - I soaked the bed through a whole lot of nights with my first pregnancy. It's called night sweats, and I believe it's hormonal. It can also be a side effect of some medicines, but in this case, I'd bet it's the raging hormones.

ebonyeye responded:
LOL well its good to know its not just me. So uncomfortable, I was thinking of just taking everything off of the bed, but I have to cover up or I will freeze, I dont think anything will change! =(
Me(31)~ DIAGNOSED w/PCOS in '05 EDD~(2/26/11)~LETS GO PINK TEAM!!

osamuel08 replied to ebonyeye's response:
I get them too, it is so disuptive to your sleep, no?! Anyway I've actually found being naked (for me atleast) is worse because it generates more body heat. So I go bed with very light cotton pants and a top that is similar in nature. I can't do nightgowns bcause even my legs being exposed and together causes me to get too hot. I also find that I often wake up with my arms extended over my head, much like a runner does when trying to catch his breath and cool off. My poor husband can't stand it either, he rolls over to cuddle me and he says I am too hot, lol!

Jen (34) DH (34) DS (4) DS (2) EDD 4/7/11

ebonyeye replied to osamuel08's response:
My poor hubby sleeps on the couch most nights. I am so uncomfortable, not only do I sweat but I cant even find a comfortable sleeping position anymore. Im only 12 weeks and cant sleep on my stomach any longer, I just know my sleeping days from here on out are probably ruined..

frogtoleap2006 responded:
LOL I had a night sweat last night. Woke up all sweatty and uggg.

ebonyeye replied to frogtoleap2006's response:
LOL me too..this sucks!!!

a87sewell responded:
I definitely am and I'm only 5 weeks- hate to see what to come in the future. I have the A/C set on 70, ceiling fan on, and two box fans facing me while sleeping so I can at least semi sleep (with a 3 year old I can't sleep naked)

Cheltsy replied to a87sewell's response:
ha im up now at 2:22 in th morning b/c thisjust now happened to me! woke up DRENCHED now i cant go back to sleep ..i slept with the fan on high and no cover and wokeup in a wet spot with wet skin!

heat4heather responded:
Thank you for posting this! I thought I was the only one.

I wake up all through the night on FIRE and then get worried that my body temperature is too hot and will harm the baby!

I keep hearing that elevated body temperature (saunas, fevers, etc) can be harmful, so I have been worried that being overheated every night has the same effect...

ebonyeye responded:
I havent had hot flashes in a while ladies so hopefully your's will let up. I now sleep with no fans on (because I have a vaporizer running) but I just sleep with minimal clothing and no sheets or blankets...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Wife of 7 years, Mommy to a 3 (almost 4) year old boy and new baby due Dec. 11!!

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.