Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Fertile Mucus on Depo?!?
MommyCole1111 posted:
Hi ladies and congrats on your pregnancys. Sorry I am not pregnant I am just looking for advice and dont know where else to post for advice. Anyone gotten pregnant on depo? I just got mucus back after I had a horrible dry spell from depo, I received the shot 9 weeks ago. No as of a few days ago the dry spell went away. Now I have what seems to be fertile mucus... I am confused and freaking out.. its not alot but whats there it clear and stretchy. I am wondering why I would have this on depo? and why it would come back so sudden?? If you have any advice I would appreciate it or a similar experience? Sorry to post on your 1st tri but I figure maybe someone on here had gotten preggo off depo possibly. TIA

xybugsmomma responded:
I am pregnant now and i was on depo. You may want to make sure you are not pregnant and if not you may want to see your dr to see whats up. I have never had that problem with it...just weight gain

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi MommyCole111,

You may want to re-post your question with our Women's Health Community for more response. We have a great expert, Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, she may be able to help or other members that use Depo may be able to comment.

Elizabeth

ksmanning responded:
Depo doesn't always stop ovulation. It does sometimes. It changes the lining of the uterus so fertilized egg cannot implant. It is possible to get fertile mucus.
ME (33yo) DH (26yo) DD(15yo) DD(14mos) LO-DUE 12/11/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

Due end of March 2011 Surprise pregnancy First child

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.