Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

cramping at 9 weeks
Jhawkchick posted:
I have a question for anyone who has been pregnant before. I'm 9 weeks and 1 day and this is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what's normal or what I should really be concerned about. I've been having pains recently, but just on my left side. It started as lower abdonminal cramps which I figured were from my uterus stretching as the baby grows. The pains have become more frequent and sometimes stretch up through my left hip area and sometimes all the way down to the bottom of my pelvic bone. Again, this is all on the left side. I've already had one u/s to confirm the pregnancy and the doc said everything looked normal so I know it's not ectopic. Also, I haven't had any bleeding or spotting. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this or if I should try to see my OB. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

camnfaithsmom responded:
This is my fourth pregnancy and I have expierenced pains similar to yours during all 4 of my pregnancies. My doctor has always explained it as round ligament pain from (just like you said) my uterus expanding. As long as you aren't experiencing any bleeding I wouldn't be too concerned but as a new mommy its only right we worry. Always remember that you can call your dr. any time should you have any questions. Also if you have insurance most insurance companies have a 24 hr. nurse support line that are always very helpful. Good luck and congrats on your 1st pregnancy!!
Me-27, Eric-29, Cameron- 10, Faith-3, Serenity- 1, EDD 4/6/11

Jhawkchick replied to camnfaithsmom's response:
Thanks so much! I figured it had something to do with round ligament pain, but then I read somewhere that that pain doesn't usually start until the second trimester. OY!!...this darn internet. I swear, it's a blessing and a curse! I'm trying not to worry but at the same time I'd hate to have something go wrong that could have been prevented. I'm actually going to be leaving the office soon heading to an off-site meeting and I think I'll give my doc a call from the car. I can't be the only 1st time mommy to call with concerns about things that are perfectly normal, right? Thanks again and congrats to you too on your 4th! (That's awesome!!)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have two wonderful girls...and this hopefully is our last pregnancy (unless it is another girl...lol.) :-)

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful