Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Weird skin discoloration/bruising on my..BUTT??
ammerced1031 posted:
Hi all! I will be 6 weeks pregnant this coming Wed. As I was changing tonight I noticed something on bottom my buttchecks...purplish discoloration in the shape of like a rash. However, its not a bruise, there is no raised skin or anything...I'm so weirded out by this. Also, sorry if its TMI, but there is also a purple discoloration line in my crack!! Does anyone out there have any idea what this is, and is it something to worry about? Won't be able to call my doc until Monday! Please help!

BabymamaJuly2013 responded:
Hi ammerced1031,

This has also happened to me! I know you posted this three years ago but I would like to know if the discoloration went away. I also have this--it looks red/purple on the area on my rear end were I sit--as if I was sitting on a hard surface for a long time but it doesn't go away and as for the TMI...same here! I started noticing it at 22 weeks. Thanks for your help!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I'm 23 and married to a Marine. We have a little girl who was born 2/14/08 and are expecting another baby due on 2/14/11.

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful