Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I love spicy foods!
MsKster posted:
I am a lover of hotsauce, jalapeno peppers as well as Hot & Spicy seafood dishes such as crawfish, snow crabs and Hot & Spicy boiled Shrimps (NEW ORLEANS STYLE). If i continue to eat these types of foods will this affect my baby and or cause problems for me down the road? i would really like to know what can i continue to eat from this list of things i just mentioned and what should i stop eating immediately................Thank You i am looking forward to your comments and suggestions....

JennMactastic responded:
Spicy food won't harm your baby, but it could cause you a lot of discomfort! I've already started struggling with some acid reflux/indigestion, and I know from past experience that the bigger the baby gets, the worse the heartburn!! I'd say take it easy just so you can gauge how tolerant your stomach is to spicy food. You don't wanna overdo it and figure it out too late and be miserable!!

Also, shellfish is fine while you're pregnant, but if you're buying it locally, just check the local levels of mercury in fish before eating it. I know the area where I live is notorious for high levels of mercury in the fish caught from local lakes and rivers; even though the types of fish are technically safe, if I caught them myself or bought them from someone who caught them locally, they would still be risky.

Hope your taste for spicy food doesn't lead to too much heartburn! I love spicy food, too...but it's already making me miserable so I'll be skipping it til after this little one is born
Jenn (27) and James (30) expecting our third 4/1/2011! We already have 2 DS's (ages 4 and 2)...so we're rooting for a girl this time!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Kim (if you didn't figure that one out already). Me and my wonderful husband wed on June 18th 2010 and on July 26th 2010 we had ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.