Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

When does your baby start absorbing your bloodstream?
Maiz1127 posted:
Does anyone know at what week your baby starts absorbing your bloodstream? I'm pretty sure it's not right from the get-go but am not sure at what week exactly that begins to happen.

Averysmomma0106 responded:
I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but at no point in pregnancy does your blood ever mix with your babies.

An_217838 responded:
Are you asking when the placenta takes over? The baby gets their nutrients from the placenta, and it carries away waste. Your baby doesn't actually absorb your bloodstream, but they do absorb nutrients from you once the placenta takes over.

Maiz1127 responded:
Yes, I'm sorry. I guess I mean when does the placenta "take over"?

Starla_94 replied to Maiz1127's response:
about 8-9 weeks
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ GreeBean - hoping for a girl! EDD 4/28/2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom of 5 (Ashley-17, Alicia-12, Isaac-8, Maddie-7, Gavin-8 months) and the next LO is due 12/23/10.

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.