Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Morning sickness Ugh!
Desimae posted:
Hey all you girls out there...I am almost 7 weeks and this is my 5 P/G and I have never had morning sickness like this before. I get sick everytime I eat and I cant tell if im sick or hungry sometimes. Has any of you been like this it seems some days I cant even function normaly. Any advise would sure help out alot.

wichelmana responded:
Hi Desimae!

I'm about 4 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy, but boy does your situation sound familiar from the first trimester of my 1st pregnancy with my daughter! I was extremely sick from about my 4th week until I hit 12wks; couldn't really keep anything down, smells affected me really bad, even traveling was terrible! I actually ended up losing 10lbs due to not being able to eat [gained it all back plus some though after I hit that 12wk mark!>

As far as suggestions go, all people are different, but I know that I was able to keep banana's down for a little while [they're supposedly good for morning sickness>, and saltine crackers and chicken/beef broth. Gingerale would probably be a good thing to try too. If it gets too bad, to the point where you start losing too much weight like I did, your doctor will more than likely put you on something to try and help [I was never able to keep pills down though, so they just ended up giving me shots in my hips...i also had major issues with UTIs though as well, so they mixed it with an antibiotic...But it completely helped!>

That's really the most I can give you. =/ I'm pretty much praying right now that I don't get all day sickness again with this one, since I have a 1 year old that depends on me daily now.

Here's crossing my fingers that you feel better soon dear!
Amanda[21], DH[24], DD[1], 3 BFPs: Oct 3 4,2010; EDD: June 16th, 2011! Green Team =D First Appt. October 26th!

eliguns841984 responded:
lurking from third tri:

Zofran...or the generic form of it. My doc prescribed it to me in my first trimester and it saved my life!

Starla_94 replied to eliguns841984's response:
Zofran.. doc gave me the Generic that disolves under your tounge..

AMAZING!!! works in like 20 minutes!!! and I found myself with Energy again and i could make it throug my day at work.. and i can eat again!!
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ GreeBean - hoping for a girl! EDD 4/28/2011

lribarra responded:
Try eating a few crackers before you get outts bed in the morning, and let them settle for about 10 - 15 mins before you get out of bed. I did that and it helped alot with the morning barfing - I was still nauseaus, but it kept my stomach settled enough not to throw up. And then I ate crackers and drank ginger ale until the afternoon, and the only other thing i could keep down during that time was grapes or any other kind of sweet fruit. Also another tip i didn't find out about til later was to keep a lemon on you or where it's easily accesable to you. Just cut it in half and smell it whenever you need it. Don't know why it works for me, but it helps a lot! I hope these tips help you - I know every woman and every pregnancy is different, but these few staples got me though!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I will be celebrating my 55th birthday soon and my soon-to-be youngest daughter was born IN my heart, not under. That is to say we are adopting my gre...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.