Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

question/intro
loribaby21 posted:
I have a question and i wasn't getting any responses on the 'could i be pregnant' board...i've been through this before so you'd think i'd remember but i just want some opinions.

first of all my dd was born 8/17/09 and i was on bc pills for a while but i was having some issues and since df and i want to have another baby eventually and the issues got really bad i just stopped taking them and have been a lot better off of them. however my last cycle was 7 weeks long lmp on 8/24/10...so 7 weeks would be next week but i'm having some symptoms that make me think i could possibly be pregnant. (we've used condoms and/or pull-out method which i know isn't that effective but like i said we want to have another baby someday we just weren't actively trying to get pregnant).

here are my symptoms...cramping to the left side near my ovary...sometimes radiates to my right. the cramping is off and on. nausea...felt like i was going to hurl this morning but feeling better now although i'm really not that hungry and have hardly eaten anything. extremely thirtsy. headaches pretty bad several days but feeling fine so far today. white colored discharge...

is it too early for me to take a test since my last cycle was 7 weeks and it's only been 6 weeks since my last period?

loribaby21 responded:
oh and an extremely increased sense of smell...the girl i work with made eggs for breakfast and they smelled disgusting...and i love eggs! and the older guy who sits at the other end of the office put bengay on and i smell it back in my cube...i hate that smell

hisangelface responded:
What do you have to lose by taking a pregnancy test? if it's negative than you can relax and wait for AF to show up. If it's positive than you will know.

Symptoms mean very little unless they come with a positive pregnancy test. Are minds can play horrible tricks on our bodies and can make us think we are having pregnancy symptoms when we are not.

It sounds to me like your body is just trying to adjust to all the changes in hormones. It is possible, since you are having such long cycles that you are not ovulating at all. I would take a test and if it's negative and you don't see AF in another week or so, go see your doctor.

Good luck and I hope you get the result you are looking for...
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...

loribaby21 replied to hisangelface's response:
thanks i think i'll stop on my way home from work and get one...idk i was only on bc for like 3-4 months after having my dd and have been off since may. but i've been working 2 jobs, df 3 jobs and just really stressed out lately so i hadn't really given much thought about my period until i started getting the cramping feelings but no period...i know my mind could just be playing tricks on me...idk we're supposed to get married next year and i'd like to wait until after the wedding to have another baby but i guess we'll see what the test says

mindy48875 responded:
First - I don't think it's to early to test.....but.....you never know. Here's my experience. I went off the pill in June since my husband and I wanted to start trying again after August. I wanted my body to be off the pill for a couple months and get back to normal before I was pregnant. Well - I'm usually a 28 day cycle (on or off BC). So when my period was 4 days late in July I was freaking out! But all the HPT were coming up negative. In august - AF was almost a week late - and I honestly though I was getting false negatives because I'm NEVER that late.....but AF eventually came. So - when I was a day late in September - I didn't think much of it since my cycle had been so messed up since going off of BC. But I took a test anyway and it was negative. But my sense of smell had greatly increased and i was becoming fatigued very easily. So 3 days later I tested again - and it was positive! So I don't know if I'm 7 or 8 weeks along since the negative hpt I got could have been a false negative......who knows.....

Sorry I'm rambling...I just wanted to share since it seems like both our bodies have never gotten quite to normal since going off the pill.....sure does some tricky things....
Me(28)(DH(28) DS(2)DS(1) and the 3rd on the way!

Starla_94 responded:
if yo haven't get a really sensitive test. .I recommend the First Responce Early HPT and test with FMU (first morning urine)

if its negative wait a week and test again.. and if its still negative i would contact your doc

I actually got PG symptoms during my Ovualtion wiwth similar pains running from right to left or left to right like you described..

KUP! and Good luck!
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ GreeBean - hoping for a girl! EDD 4/28/2011

Spotlight: Member Stories

We bought our home Mar-2010 & we have been ttc since. It took 5 mths, my ovulation to blame since hubby fixed his issue..but then I ovulated 2x in...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.