Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Nausea and major upset stomach
ang3024 posted:
Hi all,

I am 7 wks along, and dont go to doc for 2 more weeks. This week I have been nauseated and ready to vomitt at any moment, although I havent actually puked yet. But the worst part is I have had diarrhea this entire week. I can not stand the thought of eating, but I am forcing myself to eat a little something as often as possible. I am also having major food aversion and cant stand the smell of anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

any suggestions for handling my stomach problems?

Schmaylan responded:
Hey there! Sorry you are going through this! I was/ still am in your shoes!

I found that taking some B6 helped ease the nausea some. Sucking on hard candy usually helps to calm down the urge to vomit, I found green apple jolly ranchers to be the best.

A lot of people suggest eating a few saltines before you get out of bed but that didnt work for me.

I also had diarrhea and was pretty worried about it but it didnt last long and has now gone quite the opposite direction ugh.

Also I have heard that the pressure point bracelet Seaband helps too.

Good luck

Sigma3rc74 responded:
Lurking from 2nd Tri --- I had horrible nausea, never threw up, but felt as if I could at any moment. Since I wasn't "that sick" I didn't get any meds from my Doc.
But, with her guidance I tried a few things that did help. Hard cancy peppermint helped a bit. I also bought ginger root and grated it into a cheese cloth, put that in a pitcher of water with a whole lemon sliced, a hint of sweetner and I sipped on that most of the day.
I also resorted to these chewable things - Ginger gumlet that I got from the Vitamin Shoppe. Certainly wasn't yummy, but it helped a ton! My doc said to just watch the amount of ginger and not to exceed 1000 mg a day.
As for your other symptom, I had that for a short time and it seemed to go away once my body adjusted to all the hormones.
Hope you feel better soon! I know that's a terrible feeling!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Benjamin Gilson. I am a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. My fiancee and I just found out that we are pregnant and I am dep...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.