Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Pregnant While Taking Birth Control
Samantha_77 posted:
For those of you who have found out you are pregnant while on birth control, did you find out only because of a missed period? Did you have any break thru bleeding? What made you believe you were pregnant?

melissah210 responded:
LOL.. My gut told me something wasnt right when I was at Mcdonalds and ordered a #1 (big mac meal) and on top of that ordered a filet o fish and picked on my friends nuggets.

i was on the Nuva Ring and we blaim it on the tequila and mousse cake.. :)
Chocolate cupcake with sprinkles.. yummmmmy

katiecutie responded:
I wasnt on birth control but up until week 5 I ate like a total cow like Every Day!! Like Melissah210 said, you're first clue might be that you feel like you're starving to death!
Me-21, DH-23, EDD-5/15/11

Samantha_77 replied to melissah210's response:
Thank you, did you have your normal period while still taking your birth control then? This would be my second pregnancy, the last time was a planned pregnancy so I knew what to look for. This time I'm not so sure since I have been on birth control.

Schmaylan replied to Samantha_77's response:
I was on BC and never missed a day or took antibiotics so this baby was just meant to be I guess! lol

My periods were very normal and my first tip off to pregnancy was the fact that it was 2 days late. My boobs were sore and heavy but felt like they did every time before my period. I tested and was positive.

Good luck

melissah210 replied to Samantha_77's response:
My periods were normal, had i not been to mcdonalds and ordered the entire menu i would have not noticed.

I was terrified, I was at the time partying heavily, I was drinking tequila heavily and did coc, i didnt do it everynight and when i did i didnt do alot but for the fact i did it the little amount i did it scared the living beejesus out of me.

Its crazy how your life changes tremendously, at the time i was young, carefree, no responsibilitys, and partyed like it was my last. Im very grateful to have my daughters and wouldnt change it for the world and cant wait for #3 to come into this world..

Good luck hun. and always listen to your guts.
Chocolate cupcake with sprinkles.. yummmmmy

MommaEmily1 replied to Schmaylan's response:
I was the same way. been on the same BC pill for almost a year, never missed a pill always took it at the same time, no antibiotics, nothing. I never missed a period but the fact that my boobs went up almost a full cup size in one month kinda freaked me out. took a home pregnancy test and boy was i surprised!!! like you said, guess this little one was meant to be!!! <3

Samantha_77 responded:
Thank you all. I have a 5 month old and am just nervous about having another baby so soon. I appreciate all of the information.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laura, I am married to my best friend. We have been together for 11 years and married for 4 years. We have been trying to start our family ...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.