Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

First Time Pregnancy Worries and Questions
mommy2B31 posted:
This is my first pregnancy! By my calculations I will be starting my seventh week tomorrow. I have taken three at home pregnancy tests and have gotten positive every time. Yesterday I started taking prenatal vitamins. I am planning on calling my doctor soon to set up an appointment. Now for the questions and concerns I have.... Is it possible to have gotten false positives all three times? How likely is it that I could have a miscarraige? This last week I have been hungry almost constantly but when I try and eat I get full very quickly... is this normal? I haven't had morning sickness just this constant hungry/full pattern. Is there anything else I should be doing right now to help make sure he/she is as healthy as possible? Any advice on how I should tell my boyfriend of seven months? He is 25 and I am 26 so it's not like we are kids I am just afraid of his reaction. Okay I guess that's enough for now! Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me a little help and guidance in this very scary yet happy time!

sdadkin responded:
First off, it's very normal to be feeling this way! I think it would be kind of rare to get three false positives. Go ahead and call your doctor. They usually like to do the first appointment between 8 and 10 weeks. I think it's normal to have the feeling of being full and hungry at the same time. It feels like there's something in your stomach- like a baby! lol. And the morning sickness will probably start to kick in very shortly. Be thankful it hasn't already! As for telling your boyfriend? I would say you should try to sound excited when you do tell him. He probably wont have exactly the reaction you hope for, but once it sinks in he will be just as excited. You should tell him soon though. When I was pregnant with my first child (I'm pregnant with the second now), my boyfriend and I had only been together a few months. When I told him I was pregnant he just kind of sat there in silence for awhile. But within a few weeks he was just as excited as I was. Things will work out just fine you guys too.

Good luck with everything!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and my dh is 30. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April '10. After being prescribed metformin I became pregnant in July, but unfortanutely ...More

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.