Skip to content


Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

colopyr posted:
went to the doctor yesterday and got to hear my kiddos heartbeat for the first time. it was so exciting! but im only 12 weeks and the doctor said my uterus is the size of a woman who may be 15 weeks. i have had two other children and my youngest is 4 and they are one year apart. and with their pregnancies i never had a doctor tell me that my uterus is bigger than most. so i know its a new finding. does anyone have any ideas on what this could mean? if anyone has any ideas or any insite please throw them this way. thank u.
Dyzkneegrl responded:
Have you had an u/s yet? Maybe you are having twins!
hisangelface replied to Dyzkneegrl's response:
That wouldn't necessarily be the case. I'm sure if her doctor thought it might be twins, he would have said so and ordered an u/s. It is a common misconception that when you're having twins you double the symptoms, have a bigger uterus, etc...

Colopyr, I am sure if it was something to worry about your doctor would have said something. It just might mean you have a big baby in there or that you're actually further along than you thought...
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...
scareddeath responded:
you actually may be having twins! Twins run in my family really bad and all of them done just like this! Good luck doll!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mom of 5 (Ashley-17, Alicia-12, Isaac-8, Maddie-7, Gavin-8 months) and the next LO is due 12/23/10.

Helpful Tips

if i take birth control during my pregnancy will it hurt my baby?
have 2 miscarreds before so im worryed cus i just found out im 9weeks and ive been takeing birth control and would hurt the baby and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.