Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Safe to use a heating pad?
    An_217905 posted:
    Is it OK to use an electric heating pad on my stomach, if it's on low? I'm in my 6th week, and have been experiencing a lot of on and off abdominal pain. I think heat would help. Also, what about hot baths? thanks.

jmk6207 responded:
    I just read in "What to Expect" to avoid heating pads, really hot baths and hot tubs. I also saw that the cramping should let up a little after your sixth week so hang in there and maybe next week will be better! I am in the same boat as you....4 weeks right now and cramping but not severe enough to be concerned.

writer1976 replied to jmk6207's response:
    Thanks for the reassurance! I did talk to my ob's office today and they said heating pads are ok if on low heat and you don't keep it on the same place for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

me 28, DH 28, DD 9/25/08, Baby #2 9/24/2010, two mini schnauzers!!! We are die hard Kansas State University fans and bleed PURPLE!!! GO STATE!

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
    New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    167 of 217 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.