Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Safe to use a heating pad?
An_217905 posted:
Is it OK to use an electric heating pad on my stomach, if it's on low? I'm in my 6th week, and have been experiencing a lot of on and off abdominal pain. I think heat would help. Also, what about hot baths? thanks.

jmk6207 responded:
I just read in "What to Expect" to avoid heating pads, really hot baths and hot tubs. I also saw that the cramping should let up a little after your sixth week so hang in there and maybe next week will be better! I am in the same boat as you....4 weeks right now and cramping but not severe enough to be concerned.

writer1976 replied to jmk6207's response:
Thanks for the reassurance! I did talk to my ob's office today and they said heating pads are ok if on low heat and you don't keep it on the same place for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My Name is Tasha. And I live In Maryland. I have a 6 year Old Boy. Have been Married for two years and Many more to come. I work in H.R working tow...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.