Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I have some personal questions...
sarahk731 posted:
Okay, so these are kind of personal questions and embarrassing, but I need to know!

First of all, the doctor told me to bring a urine sample with me for my first appointment next Friday. Well ... What do I put it in?! I'm at a total loss here!

Second, how should I ... groom, if you know what I mean? Does the doctor care, or have a preference?

I'm sorry if you find these over the top! I just need to know! Thank you so much

lmatthews responded:
I would just put it in a plastic cup with a lid if they didn't give you anything. i don't think your doctor is going to care how your groomed down there. They see plenty of different people and I'm sure no one is the same. Just worry about what your comfortable with and not the doctor.

melissah210 responded:
You need a clean sterile cup and i have never heard of you having to take your urine with you. I have ALWAYS done the urine test at the doctors office. They give you the wipe to clean yourself down there then a clean cup.

And if im not mistaken the fresher the urine the better, recently when i went to the ER i gave a urine sample and it got lost, by the time they found it they said it had been to long that i needed to give another sample.

i would call back and verify that and if they are indeed wanting you to take the urine ask them if you can pick up the proper cup for it,

Grooming lol--- im sure they dont care how it looks like. But i totally understand where your coming from, i dont let ANYONE look down there unless its freshly shaved and even before i gave births to my other daughters as hard as it was for me to maintain the grooming I DID IT. The husband offered to do it lmao but NOOOO I was not letting that happen either.
This is wrong but even when i have to go to the ER unexpectly i wont leave until its groomed...lol

This is the 3rd pregnancy and im sure i will end up bigger then before so i just hope some way possible i can still maintain the prettiness down there. Oh and hope I can paint my toe nails without having someone to do it for me because of a belly.lol
Chocolate cupcake with sprinkles.. yummmmmy

mindy48875 responded:
I have never heard of you having to bring your own urine sample either. I have always done it at the dr. office. But yeah - I guess I'd put it in some kind of tupperware cup with a lid (and pray it doesn't spill). LOL!

And i sooo know what you mean about grooming! I'm always paranoid about that too! This may be TMI - but I used to be completely shaved, and then I recently decided to let a little big grow back as I was tired of always shaving all the time....
I, too, wonder what doctor's think. Are they thankful when they see shaved? Or grossed out? Who knows....but I'm sure they don't really care. Considering how many vaginas they have to look at everyday
Me(28)(DH(28) DS(2) via unnecesarian DS(1)VBAC! and the 3rd on the way! VBAC hopeful again!

Rubysrred responded:
I also have never heard of bringing your urine in...Are you sure they didn't say that you would have to give a urine sample at you appointment not bring one??? I would call them because it just seems odd that they would ask that maybe its a misunderstanding. Also as far as the grooming goes your OB won't care they see women of all different sizes shaped and ages and not all women believe in grooming. So I think like the PP that its your preference on what you feel comfortable with! I am big on the grooming but I get waxed but since I am pregnant I don't feel comfortable going to the salon. So I shave ugh, not my idea of fun but it works. But speaking from past experiences the bigger you get in your pregnancy the more uncomfortable it is to shave even your legs so don't sweat it!!! Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck!!!!
--Me (27), DH (28), DS (9), DS (6) and EDD 5/29/2011

reb_hun replied to Rubysrred's response:
remember that when i went to my appointments, they gave me a cup to take home with me for my next appointment. and with the whole grooming thing yeah it does get harder the further along you get but i don't think they really care. that won't stop me from doing it though. i just can't think of anybody looking down there and hair being all over the place. so when is everybody due? i'm due 5/25/11.

mindy48875 replied to reb_hun's response:
reb-hun.....We're due within a day of each other! I'm due 5/24/11
Me(28)(DH(28) DS(2) via unnecesarian DS(1)VBAC! and the 3rd on the way! VBAC hopeful again!

wmatto83 responded:
I don't think any questions are too much for Web MD...LOL! First off congrats on your pregnancy! I just had my appointment on Tuesday and as soon as they took me back they took me to the bathroom gave me the wipe and a cup for urine. I think every doctor does it differently...and I think ti depends on where you are going if you are going to a smaller doctors office with only one doc than maybe you do have to bring your own I go to one with liek 7 doctors so they provide everything. I would call back to verify tho! I personally haven't heard of anyone bringing their own urine to a doctor's office in quiet a few years.
As far as grooming I think all us women who care will groom I did before I went! I think the same way that I can't imagine them look at that...but then again i think imagine what they see day in and day out. LOL! Personally I don't think they care it is just another vagina to them. Haha!
I am due June 17th! Good luck to you!

Mybaby83 replied to wmatto83's response:
I wouldn't bring my own pee! gross! They told me to do that too and every time I went I was like woops I forgot. They were like whatever! Just go do it now. It's just as fast and who wants to carry around their pee in a cup?

reb_hun replied to Mybaby83's response:
put it in a little sandwich bag to make sure it didn't leak. hey mindy 48875, that's when i was due with my first child, she didn't come until june 4th though. she really didn't want to come out. hopefully this little one will be different.

sarahk731 responded:
Thank you for responding! It says in the packet of paperwork they sent me in the mail that I should bring my own sample! I was like uhhh I don't like this! I think I might just "forget" haha.

I'm SOOOO glad that I'm not the only one worried about grooming! I thought there was a commonality about down there that I was missing! Thank you ladies

I have to say, this forum is really making me feel better about everything. I'm 21 and a senior in college, living away from home. I live with my fiance, but I still feel alone. My "best friend" at school finds as many ways to make fun of me as she can. The first thing she said when I told her I was pregnant was "Ew, your tattoo is going to get all stretched and nasty." (I have a tattoo on my right hip.) You women have made me feel good about myself and my pregnancy, and I don't feel alone anymore. Thank you!

Also, have you had a decline in your sex drive? I have just NOT wanted to have sex. I don't know why! (My "friend" had this response... "If you don't have sex with him, he's going to find someone who will." Ugh )

hisangelface replied to sarahk731's response:
Congrats on the pregnancy! It is exciting and scary all at the same time. I used to bring my own urine samples during my first pregnancy but it's just because I already had the sterile cups at home and it was just easier. But I'm sure they will provide you with what they need when you get there.

I know what you mean about the grooming. I did my best with my first pregnancy, but having twins and being as big as I was in the end, there was little I could do...

Don't worry about the tattoo. If it's on your hip, it should be fine and keep it's shape. Mine did. And as I stated... I got HUGE!

The decline in sex drive is quite normal. Maybe having a conversation with your finance about it might make you and him feel better about it. It should get better once you hit the second trimester.
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been married since April 2006 to a wonderful guy named Dave. I've been on and off the web MD boards since 2007 when I was pregnant with m...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.