Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

11wks pregnant first Ob/Gyn very scared.
malome78 posted:
I went to my first Ob/Gyn exam and they did a full exam. during my pelvic exam the doctor said he couldn't confirm that I was pregnant. He said we would be able to tell for certain during the Ultrasound next week. I am very scared because I don't know if that is normal for someone to not tell after 11 weeks if they are pregnant from a pelvic exam. Nothing online says anything that can tell me either way.

cmc2009 responded:
I didn't think that you could tell if you were pg just by a pelvic exam... hmmmmm doesn't sound right to me...

They didnt do a Fetal Doppler for your visit?? I also thought that most places listen for the heartbeat at around 12 weeks! Very strange i think! Well, I know its tough, but try not to worry! If that happened to me I would have ran immediately to the store and gotten another pg test to take at home haha

I wish you the best of luck! at 11 weeks I am sure you know if you are pg...
~~ Me(24) DH(27) BFP-8/30/10 EDD-5/4/11

Schmaylan replied to cmc2009's response:
Actually there are things that tip off pregnancy with a pelvic exam. He should be able to feel your uterus, it should be the size of a grapefruit now. Also the appearance of your cervix, the color of your tissue down there. There should be very obvious signs of pregnancy down there.

I agree its weird he didnt do anything else though. Had he already confirmed your pregnancy with a urine sample? If not he should have.

MAllen81 responded:
I had my 1st appt. at 8 weeks with the NP. Doing her physical exam, she felt my abdomen and said she could feel my uterus.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Terra and I am 24 years old, I have been with my boyfriend Jeff for almost 10 years. We had planned on getting married this fall, but to ou...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.