Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Hungry Humpday
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
What's cookin' in your kitchen today? With the cooler temps setting in it just feels right to sit down to a nice hot bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and some crusty rustic bread. Ahhhh....

Tonight that is exactly what's on the menu! Since I decided a year ago to start eating healthier, I start by trimming all fat off the chicken before boiling, then I let it cool to skim any remaining fat off the top. (One day I'm going to get one of those fancy fat-separator measuring cups!)

I'm watching carbs too, so tonight I'm using my family as guinea pigs and using Shiritaki noodles instead of regular egg noodles. I heard about them from a friend who is on the HCG diet & they have almost no calorie or carb content! So, I'll let everyone know how that goes! LOL

What's on your menu today? Do the cooler temps make you crave certain foods?

trgonzalez responded:
I am planning on some nice grilled chicken over rice pilaf... yummy! Haven't figured out which veggies to use though... So craving tuna casserole!

SJFG1982 responded:
I've got spaghetti squash "pasta" and homemade marinara. Yum!

reb_hun replied to trgonzalez's response:
i know what veggie you can have with it, broccoli. yummm :P what's also good with that is swiss cheese on the chicken and some honey mustard sauce for dipping; or you could put it on the chicken too. they have something like that at village inn and it's soooo good.

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to SJFG1982's response:
Oh, I would LOVE to know your recipe for the spaghetti squash pasta!

I tried those Shirataki noodles in my chicken soup the other night and could not choke much down. Not that they tasted bad, but the texture is sort of like biting into silly putty -- or am I the only one that's done that? LOL

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Jennifer. My DH and I have been married 4 years and have struggled with male factor infertility for years. We had an unsuccessful ro...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.