Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

Names/ Just For Fun!
Schmaylan posted:
So Ive been thinking a lot about names and Im really not settled on anything lol.

I thought maybe I could get some ideas from you guys! I have a list and would like your opinions but would also love your suggestions!

I know I have a while to go but I owuld like to get more of an idea of what we are going for. I like names that arent too common or "trendy"

Ps DF's last name is Parker. Cant wait to see your suggestions, help me name my baby haha.

Girls:
Lylah Avery
Gemma Elise
Adelyn Rae
Charlotte Reese
Adelle Regan
Laurel Regan
Natalie Regan (or Natalie Reese)

Boys:
Jace Owen
Noah Jace
Declan Jace
Sullivan Jace
Cooper Jace
Jace Carter

Let me know what you think!

wichelmana responded:
I like:

girls-

Lylah (or Delilah)
Charlotte (one of those classic names that can be paired with the nickname Charlie...love it!)

boys-

Jace (I prefer Jacey, but that's just me =) )

I totally know what you mean by constantly thinking about names and not being settled on any yet. I was the same way with DD, and now this one too. The only difference with DD, was that she was called by like...5 different names before we finally decided on her name 2 months before her birth.

DD's full name is Chessa Jean-Marie. Her first name, no one has even heard of around here but we've gotten SO many compliments on it, and her middle name is a tribute to my grandmother (who's getting up there in age.)

And with our new LO, we've picked out the boys name:

Thierry J(something)-Alasdair
(pronounced: Theory)

The J middle name is TBA, because DH and I can't agree on a boys J name that we like...Mine range from:

Jude
Jaxon
Jacey
Jace/Jase
Jasper

The way I see it, with our DD, and our new LO (if it's a boy!), DD can go by CJ if she wants, and LO could go by TJ. Cause I'm sure that one way or another their names will get ridiculed. =/

And we haven't been able to come up with a girls name yet. I really find myself with an aversion to a lot of girl names now...which bites the big one, but oh well =/ maybe it's just cause DH and I have so many issues with agreeing on names...LOL.

Over all, I wouldn't worry too much about finding a name until the final few months....I know there's even women out there who have gone until delivery to pick a name! (Myself, I couldn't do that, but again, that's me...lol) You do have a very good list there though! =) Cute names
Amanda[21], DH[25], DD[1], 3 BFPs: Oct 3rd and 4th,2010; EDD: June 16th, 2011! Green Team =D Second Appt. November 23rd!

An_217940 responded:
My current favorites are :

Juliet
Julia
Linnea

The middle name for a girl is all set - Louise - it's my middle name and DH's grandmother's name.

Boys, I love Mason. Mason Philip. (DH is Philip)

KrissyDiaz responded:
I like Natalie Reese for girl and Jace Owen for a boy. Some of the other names are pretty popular nowadays. I also like names that are not trendy but not to hard to pronounce. :)

KrissyDiaz replied to wichelmana's response:
Thierry J(something)-Alasdair
(pronounced: Theory)

I really like this :) I'd say you could use it for either a boy or girl just play around with middles names.

As for the list you got going I like Jaxon it seems to go well.

for a girl J middle name how about these

Jassa
Jax
Jayla
Jia Li (means good and Beautiful)

I kind of like Thierry Jia Li Alasdair

What do you think??

mol13 replied to wichelmana's response:
Thierry was the name of a student of mine; he pronounced it "tee AIR ee"

I'm not sure what names I'm interested in yet. I've only just gotten over the fact that I'm having a 3rd kid.

wichelmana replied to mol13's response:
I'm not sure about using it for a girl, but it's definitely a possibility I guess!

If this LO turns out to be a girl, we'll probably use something That starts with an "A" (DH is Cody, DD shares first initial; I'm Amanda, and need to share! lol)

@mol13
One of my girl friends told me the same thing about the name...I have to wonder if that's the original pronunciation? For me it's always looked similar to the word "theory", which is why I say it like that...(I first heard it in LJ Smith's Night World series. Thierry Descourdes)
Amanda[21], DH[25], DD[1], 3 BFPs: Oct 3rd and 4th,2010; EDD: June 16th, 2011! Green Team =D Second Appt. November 23rd!

hisangelface replied to wichelmana's response:
Thierry is a French name and it's original pronunciation is closer to what Mol13 said it was. It's not quite the same but very, very close.

Since I speak French, I always find it interesting to see how an Anglophone takes a French name and tries to turn it into an English one. Just be prepared that if ever you name your son that and go anywhere in the world that speaks French or has French roots, the name will not be pronounced anything close to "theory".

We are always looking for names that work in both English and French without having it sound horrible in either language. It is not always an easy task since the French have an easy time butchering an English name. That's why we have yet to really settled on names that we both like. I guess we have lots of time to figure it out...
Lisa and DH (both 32). We have twin boys born May 2008 and are now expecting baby 3. BFP Oct. 5th, 2010...

rapidmamma responded:
Love Adelle and Jace. My pics are Olivia and Chael (it means celesial).

wmatto83 responded:
Okay i have been tossing these around myself. I think your last name Parker is easy to pair names with here is my opinions:

Girls:
Caitlyn Ann
Lila Kimberly
Leah Patrica
Layla Asa
Madaline Carol

Boys: ( have more boys names can you tell what I am shooting for lol)
Ethan Joseph
Jacob Roy
Lucas William
Brayden Drew
Chase Bradley
Cole Bret
Jayden Gregory
Chaseton Royce
Andrew Charles

Spotlight: Member Stories

i thought i was having a baby but its just a sack for a baby no baby i dont understand what happened going for one more ultrasound then a DNC i dont k...More

Helpful Tips

Juice out hunger
Because I can't eat all the suggested fruits and vegetables daily I juice them. That takes the hunger away and I eat a meal about 8pm. It ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.