Skip to content

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

We had our first ultrasound
eyeluvbn posted:
Wednesday I would have to say was my favorite day of my life so far. I am 7 weeks pregnant. We went in for our ultra sound and we got to see the heartbeat. My question is at what week do you get to hear the heartbeat? The nurse wasn't very helpful I mean I know its very tiny, but I would ask her a question like if she thought this part was the head, all she kept saying is I don't know. It was very hard to show any kind of emotion in there. So I just had a few tears seeing the heartbeat and tried not to make a big deal out of it in front of the nurse. As soon as we left I was smiling from ear to ear and my husband and I couldn't stop talking about how amazing it is. I've been reading from other posts that they are getting heartbeat measurments as early as 7 weeks? Just wondering why they wouldn't tell me mine? Does anyone have any ideas?

Shena1981 responded:
Lurking.... I believe I was 9 or ten weeks when I heard the heartbeat. I'm guessing you have another appointment in 3-4 weeks. The should do it then. If it doesn't seem they will, just ask. IT only takes a second

writer1976 responded:
I heard mine at 7 ...

bmjolliff responded:
well i dont know if this helps but i heard mine at 6wks 3days

wmatto83 responded:
It sounds like you got the nurse you maybe didn't want to work that day! LOL! She should have told you what it was I was 7 weeks along when I heard mine. Maybe they have it recorded in your file they shoudl anyway. I don't think it would hurt to call them and ask??? Good luck!

Schmaylan replied to wmatto83's response:
You got a lazy nurse.. If you saw the heartbeat you could have heard it she just needed to turn the sound on.. Also she would have been able to measure the HB..

Mine was 101bpm at 6w3d...

eyeluvbn responded:
ok so obviously I got the nurse that didn't want to help. I will have to wait now until Monday if they put all that information in my file and I do go back to the doctors in 2 weeks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to my best friend. We were married May 13, 2006. We have 4 boys, ages 4, 3, 2, and 7 months. We are now expecting out 5th baby in Feb. 20...More

Helpful Tips

Pregnancy and flying
Can anyone help me out?! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and its not a high risk pregnancy, i was wondering if anyone here has ever flew while ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.