Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

I just found out im pregnant..
tarynrenae posted:
I just found out im pregnant..And im only 19 years old..Im terrified to tell my parents. i NEED some advice...

wichelmana responded:
Hi!

I was also 19 when I found out that me and my fiance at the time (DH or husband, if you don't know the acronyms on the boards yet, now), and it took me a week to finally tell my mom. At the time I was taking a break from college, was unemployed, and living with my grandmother with DH.

I'm not sure of your situation, but what I ultimately ended up doing was calling to tell her. She works for the county where I had to go apply for WIC/Badgercare, so she was bound to find out sooner or later.

Yes, she was disappointed at first, but it didn't take her long to warm up to the idea of being a grandma. DH and I are now currently expecting #2 next June, and DD (dear daughter) is 14 months, and she is excited this time around too.

I guess the best thing I can tell you is not to wait to tell at least your mom...after we got my mom out of the way, telling the rest of the family wasn't so bad.

Anyways, welcome to the boards, and good luck! If you need to talk or anything, feel free to facebook me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504130118
Amanda[21], DH[25], DD[1], 3 BFPs: Oct 3rd and 4th,2010; EDD: June 16th, 2011! Green Team =D Third Appt. December 23rd!

Crystaleenie responded:
I was only sixteen when I found out that I was pregnant the first time, I really really really understand your worry. What are your parents like? And how is your boyfriend reacting to this? I look forward to hearing back from you and helping you out!!

britc23 responded:
know you feel im a little older im 21 just found out yesterday im pregnant and i dont know how to tell my mom shes gonna FLIP so im not telling her for awhile till i know how

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have been married over 9 year! We got married right out of High School and had our DD shortly after. We are now expecting our 4th baby but...More

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 196 found this helpful