Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

cramping?
    lauraleemartin posted:
    Hi everyone!
    I just found out I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have been experiencing mild abdominal cramping and occasional "twinges" of sharp pain in my lower abdomen. Has anyone else experienced this? I am a bit concerned....

trgonzalez responded:
    A bit of cramping is normal and may continue throughout the entire pregnancy because of the stretching of the uterus and the muscles that are getting ready for everything coming. If the cramping becomes severe and/or is accompanied by bleeding, it is time to see a dr. HTH
    Tiffany (30) DH (31) DS (10) DS (1) EDD 7.17.2011 GREEN TEAM!

suki_kohama replied to trgonzalez's response:
    im so glad you were already talking about cramping during the first trimester, im 4 weeks and 2 days along and ive been cramping alittle also, i was so worried that something was seriously wrong.

lauraleemartin replied to suki_kohama's response:
    Phew. I feel a little better knowing it is not abnormal. I am going today for my first prenatal appt with my OB to discuss my concerns. As far as I know, cramping is ok as long as it doesn't become severe and/or accompanied with bleeding.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Found out in mid-June that I'm pregnant with my first child. Excited and nervous!

Helpful Tips

Constipation Tip! (Gross, I know.)
    Hi Ladies! With every pregnancy my worst symptom has been my inability to poop. It's pretty disgusting, I know. HOWEVER, the only reason ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    119 of 196 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.