Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to YOUR community!

Be sure to check out:

cramping?
lauraleemartin posted:
Hi everyone!
I just found out I am 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have been experiencing mild abdominal cramping and occasional "twinges" of sharp pain in my lower abdomen. Has anyone else experienced this? I am a bit concerned....

trgonzalez responded:
A bit of cramping is normal and may continue throughout the entire pregnancy because of the stretching of the uterus and the muscles that are getting ready for everything coming. If the cramping becomes severe and/or is accompanied by bleeding, it is time to see a dr. HTH
Tiffany (30) DH (31) DS (10) DS (1) EDD 7.17.2011 GREEN TEAM!

suki_kohama replied to trgonzalez's response:
im so glad you were already talking about cramping during the first trimester, im 4 weeks and 2 days along and ive been cramping alittle also, i was so worried that something was seriously wrong.

lauraleemartin replied to suki_kohama's response:
Phew. I feel a little better knowing it is not abnormal. I am going today for my first prenatal appt with my OB to discuss my concerns. As far as I know, cramping is ok as long as it doesn't become severe and/or accompanied with bleeding.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 years old, have been with my husband for 9 years, married for 7. We have 2 boys, Logan(11-22-05) and Cameron(11-19-07). We have tried for ...More

Helpful Tips

Common Abbreviations on Pregnancy Exchanges
New to the pregnancy exchanges and wondering what all those abbreviations stand for? Not anymore! Thanks to MNHall, for sorting everything ... More
Was this Helpful?
166 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.